What if the Watchtower Changed .......

by IslandWoman 69 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I've tried to proclaim that the Watchtower has no long term future unless they

quickly change over to emphasis on brotherhood and get away from all these

cult-like features. WHY SO?

Because in the next two decades, technology is going to change everything. They

will figure out aging, cancer, cloning, organ regeneration and other problems

that have plagued mankind since recorded history began.

The June issue of "Smart Money" has a cover that says "America's new goal-

Live Healthy till you're 102". This is what's coming next!

DO THEY REALLY WANT TO LOOK LIKE FOOLS, holding 'half-truth' Awakes

in their hands?

Love and brotherhood will always be relevant and valued - that's the way to go-

not endless fear-mongering - not endlessly covering up scandals WHILE ANGRY

people try to expose and destroy them.

There's a part of me that wishes every sort of ill to come on these amoral

Theocrats...( hang 'em high!)

but I have to admit the (highly unlikely) chance for metanoia on their part.

metatron

• FreeofGuilt
    FreeofGuilt

If they indeed changed, I would still not go back-- They have taken a lot away from all of our lives, & would be like all of the other Churches, in which they already are. That would be more of a reason to hate them even more, because then you would know even more so that Jehovah was never behind them.. That'll be the day I die anyway!!!!--- (boy this website surely lets you get a lot off of your chest, & I really appreciate all of you!)--- kristine

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Would they still be witnesses?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    not endlessly covering up scandals WHILE ANGRY
    people try to expose and destroy them.

BINGO METATRON!!! It's the anger that gives us momentum. Take away the anger and replace it with closure and the peace of mind that can only come from that closure and the momentum dies.

Some people have responded that they would not go back. Indeed I would never go back either! But the topic of this thread is not whether we would go back or not. It's whether we would stop bashing the JWs with what we have learned about the organization/leaders TO THEIR FACES.

So if the leadership came out and confessed publicly, well then what is there to bash them about? Their doctrine/theology? Big deal! If people are going to leave, they're going to leave because of the scandals, etc. The doctrines like no hellfire, no trinity, no immortal soul will keep many JWs in. That's what the Watchtower's only hope will be. And those people will say, "Look! This must be the truth. See how humble the brothers are!!!"

And at that point it would be such a waste of time -- in my opinion -- to argue those topics. Might as well make a life out of arguing every theological topic with every religion then.

• Mary
    Mary

Yes I could/would forgive the Society IF they changed..........but that's a pretty big "if". They'd have to get rid of the whole 1914 doctrine, make blood transfusions a "conscience" matter with no fear of being shunned or "marked"; they'd have to re-instate all those that were DF'd for the whole pedophile cover-up and compensate them for the hell they were put through. They have to get rid of half the meetings, make Service optional and emphasize charity work.............the list is endless.

However, I think there's a better chance of O.J. Simpson being elected top guy of the KKK, rather than the Borg reforming.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Mary,

The lists of "wants" from the exJW community would be endless and impossible to do. If that's what it takes to have peace between the JWs and exJWs it will never happen then.

What I am trying to find out is, with the abolition of the more destructive JW policies could a peace of sorts be brokered between the JW and the exJW community. Would exJWs be willing to refrain from putting down JW religious beliefs while in their presence, in other words to respect their personal religious choice, if the Watchtower did away with its more destructive practices?

IW

• rocketman
    rocketman

Ain't gonna happen.

• shamus
    shamus

no

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Great thread IW.

The changes you and others have suggested would literally destroy the 'brotherhood'. Since the days of Charles Taze it is in fact the communal nature of jw's that reenforces the need for doctrine that sets them 'apart from the world'.

Door to door, 5 meetings a week, conscientious objections to war and involvement with politics, shunning, the list is endless,.......all priming the pumps of self delusional, elitist, us (jw's) against the world. Take enough of these bastions or building blocks of the WTBS away.......they no longer have a reason to exsist. Pray tell.

Hell the consessions made regarding 1914, blood, and a few other minor deviations, have wreaked a tremendous toll already on the coffer's of Patterson/Brooklyn. They know any capitulation of core beliefs would spell the end.

I believe the hardliner's will continue to prevail. Reform of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses is a pipe dream.

Danny

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    If the Watchtower changed

What?....like...you mean....more new light???

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit