What if the Watchtower Changed .......

by IslandWoman 69 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

If the Watchtower changed it's blood doctrine to one where publishers could do what their conscience dictated without fear of reprisals from the brothers, if they also quit using the two witness rule and said all criminal accusations must be reported to the police, if they stopped shunning, if they said all DF and DA'd could associate with their friends and family, if they apologized to Ray Franz and all others who were hurt by their policies; would exJWs respect their dogma and refrain from putting down their religious beliefs to their faces?

This is an important question, more important than you know.

IW

• Hamas
    Hamas

Although they would have apologised, I strongly feel I would see them in the same light. Lets face it, they have a lot to apologise for, and I don't think that a little apology could save things or make them better.

If Hitler was still around today, would you accept his apology if ever he made one?

The Watchtower is guilty of the deaths of thousands of men, women and children in a spiritual genocide. They have destroyed families, lied and covered up things to us for years, and have harboured peadophiles in congregations around the world so they could mingle with unsuspecting families and their children.

For these reasons, no amount of change could ever sway my opinion of them. They are scum.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• metatron
    metatron

then I would feel differently about them.

but I don't worry about this scenario since such a move is well beyond their moral capabilities.

metatron

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hamas,

For these reasons, no amount of change could ever sway my opinion of them.

Yes, I understand. But would you be able to refrain from ridiculing or putting down their religious beliefs to their faces?

IW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello IW,

Interesting question.

Yes, I would have no problem accepting them as people. I have no ax to grind against individual JW's, even the ones who have treated me badly. Personally, I think most of them are deluded, some are delusional, but by far the majority are decent people trying to make the most of an indecent system. I know that this view is not popular with many XJW's, but it is my view nevertheless. My issues revolve around their harmful practices, such ones as you note above.

As to past crimes, well unless we are willing to arise and fight all religions as most of them have a similar history, some far worse in fact, I for one am willing to forgive and forget.

Best regards - HS

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

If they changed about the blood issue, stopped shunning, apologized to Ray Franz and all sex abuse victims, I would still never go back. The issues you have mentioned are what initially made me question, and research everthing and I have come to the conclusion that their teachings are false, and spiritually abusive. My first discovery of this was when I researched "glorious ones" whom they say are elders according to thier publications. In my research I found that glorious ones mentioned in Jude are angels, not human. After that I found out about thier origins with the occult. Truth is not built on lies.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I couldn't refrain.

I feel it my duty, their past crimes are immense. Only fools follow fools.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

IslandWoman, there are issues I have with the teachings of the Society that you didn't mention. There are many, many more conflicts I have such as discouraging members from getting professional help, their horrible idea that Armageddon is around the corner, the 5 meetings a week, the game of "which publisher can put in the most hours this month", Their views on sex and any sexual practices, do I need to go on??

The thing is I don't personally have a problem with the people who follow the Society's rules. They've been either lured into the religion, or they were born into it. Some may wake up and discover what's really going on, some will stay fooled forever. The Society is the root of the problem, not the average JW. The sad part is if you tell an average JW that the Society is evil, they'll automatically think that you don't believe in God.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hamas,

I feel it my duty, their past crimes are immense.

I presume your duty is, after you have mangled the JW's, to start on the Moonies, SDA, Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Methodists, Mennonites, Amish, the divers sects that exist in a world even more fundamental than the JW's...dare I say it, even the history of your own chosen faith has immense crimes pinned on its bulletin board! Attacking the faith that hurt us, without attacking the faith that hurts others is perhaps the greatest act of bigotry one sees on these Boards.

You have a busy few thousand years ahead of you Hamas, as you say, only fools follow fools, unless of course they are fooled.

HS

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hillary Step

Where did that come from ?

My chosen 'faith' ?!?! What do you mean ? I presume you mean Islam ? If you do, I'm afraid you have the wrong end of the stick. I'm not muslim.

Secondly, it is the sect that attacked 'US' not just everybody except me. Before you go making wild presumptions, try and gain some facts. I have just as much right to be here than anybody, I was a JW for 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit