Update on Bill Bowens meeting with WT Reps:

by Brummie 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

brummer ; [please help me .. i seem to have missed this whole case and can't really follow it from this thread. if i could get some background info or a thread to look up . i think i will be better informed thank you .....john

• Brummie
    Brummie

Johhny you need to read the opening post in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53155/1.ashx

and this thread is a follow up.

Brummer

• Gerard
    Gerard
    What is the point of all this? Jehovah's Witnesses leadership in my opinion are unscrupulous scalawags that will sink to the lowest level of nasty cut throat tactics to protect their money. Victims be dammed and anyone else that tries to stand up for them.

Watchtower will use all "confidential" records against you that they keep over the course of your entire life. They will make them a matter of public record to try and disgrace, humiliate or discredit you in anyway possible. They will go after your children, parents, wife, threaten them with subpoena, depositions and the expense of making these things happen. They will attack with tactics that sink to the lowest human denominator and use World Wide Work money to finance their wickedness. >>>B. Bowen

I think Bill Bowen is awakening to the fact that the WT's problems are not limited to the "2-witnesses rule".

I wish he will post here again.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

" I see these as their right if they are trying to defend their assets."--------------amac

uummmmmm.................................

• waiting
    waiting

yanno.....................

use World Wide Work money to finance their wickedness

Whether a person considers a religion's leaders defending their own elders, (and by extension - child molesters) in court against victims of child abuse in their own congregations, as wicked - or not.......

I seriously doubt that the average jw realizes that a good percentage of his donations go to trials - not for the right to Spread The Good News of God's Kingdom..........but to keep the money in the WTBTS.

And........to spend millions legally fighting for the right to Keep On Shunning ....as a Right Directed By Jehovah.

Untold millions of dollars that jw's donate - to fight for shunning & the cover up of mistakes by elders and crimes of child molesters. MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS.

No orphanages, old folks homes, schools, etc.

• sf
    sf

deddaisy,

It's good to see you posting again. Hope ya been well.

Take good care now.

"Defending its assets"....roflolololol

More like defending 'IT's' ass!!

sKally

• amac
    amac

uummmmmm.................................

Not quite sure how to reply to that...............................................

Untold millions of dollars that jw's donate - to fight for shunning & the cover up of mistakes by elders and crimes of child molesters. MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS.

No orphanages, old folks homes, schools, etc.

Waiting - I agree that it is tragic that they have never spent money on orphanages, etc. However, my complaint would then be that in itself, not the fact that they hire lawsuits to defend themselves and their money. If I was an active member, I would be pissed if they were NOT hiring lawyers for a proper defense.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello amac,

When a jw donates to the Worldwide Preaching Work.............what is the idea behind the words "Preaching Work"? To do the work of preaching......ok, for jw's -----building KH's, relief work, bible making. The WT is so tacky by showing pictures of little kids donating their dimes to help with The Worldwide Preaching Work......not defending pedophiles or offending child abuse victims further.

However, my complaint would then be that in itself, not the fact that they hire lawsuits to defend themselves and their money.

"defend themselves and their money." True, a person can have to go to court for a variety of reasons....just like the Catholic Church. To be in Court for the rights of innocent persons is outstanding. To be in Court for the right to silence victims, punish people, etc.......is obscene.

If I was an active member, I would be pissed if they were NOT hiring lawyers for a proper defense.

Hopefully, If I were still an active member, I would have the insight to be pissed that my church was hurting victims of child abusers. Child abusers that were still in my congregation. Elders who cover over child abusers "for the good of the congregation's reputation."

"Proper defense"? You mean belittle, mock, continue to hurt, shun, child abuse victims & their families? Because that's what the WTBTS is doing to these victims. It is what a vile corporation does - not men of God....which would explain the WTBTS's stance, eh?

As for the treatment of Bill Bowen as an Expert Witness? From what I've read/heard.....typical - and would be the proper defense mounted by an attorney.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

omg. I've forgotten how to use edit.

As for the treatment of Bill Bowen as an Expert Witness? From what I've read/heard.....typical - and would be the proper defense mounted by an attorney. -waiting

When using the term "proper defense" in connection with an attorney .......it can be "properly" viewed as an oxymoron, imho. ie: proper & attorney. I can say that, I have a sil & son who are attorneys.....and in spite of that, remain quite proud of both of them.

If "proper defense" means an "effective" and "winning at any cost".....then the WTBS's attorneys seem to be mounting a proper defense.

The most despicable English phrase ever coined was Christian Businessman.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Why does everyone here preface their statments about Bill Bowen like he's some "special" person.

Bill, called me a child molester because I don't agree with the hysteria based laws that have put innocent fathers in jail.

The number one way to protect children is for parents to quit being careless about the people that hang around their kids.

Bill is not interested in protecting kids. The single theme that stands out is that he wants to hurt the Watchtower somehow. Good luck, Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit