Update on Bill Bowens meeting with WT Reps:

by Brummie 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brummie
    Brummie

I agree BB has done & said some things that have caused him to lose credibility, but I believe on this instance he is in the right. Its only fair to not only recognise his bad habits but to also recognise that occasionally he can be right. We all vent occasionally, its just that he doesnt get away with it as we do.

Brummie

• Mulan
    Mulan

Does anyone know if he had an attorney with him? I hope he didn't go in there without representation.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Bill Bowen is the worst thing to happen to Apostasy since Michael Jackson made "Thriller."

Too funny!

Brummie

• avishai
    avishai
    The extension of this is now perhaps his 28,000 whatever it is figure for child molesters is exaggerated as well, but who's gonna correct it?

I'd say this is actually low.

All right, let's just admit it: Bill Bowen is the worst thing to happen to Apostasy since Michael Jackson.

Nope, he may screw up from time to time, but he's done far more to kick open the doors of secrecy than anyone else I know, including myself, who has been working on this issue for yrs. WTF have you done, LR? From the looks of it, you've only been out 2 yrs, punk! Don't teach your grandma to suck eggs, boy!

• logansrun
    logansrun

See! I knew it. I knew someone would take that comment and run with it. WTF people! Lighten up.

And, for the record, I DO think Bill Bowen has made some serious mistakes in his running of SilentLambs. Does that mean he has accomplished no good whatsoever? Absolutely not!

Geez, what is it with this goddamned issue that people get so bent out of shape about. Sometimes I get the feeling that unless you side in with Bowen 110% you are a Watchtower loveing, pedophile protecting ass. Please. There are shades of grey out there, just so you know.

Bradley

• logansrun
    logansrun

Conversation circa 1973

"President Nixon is a cheat and a bad President"

"Say, sonny, what have you done in this country? Shut your young mouth, he's our President, punk!"

Bradley

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    WTF have you done, LR? From the looks of it, you've only been out 2 yrs, punk! Don't teach your grandma to suck eggs, boy!

This has got to be one of the most idiotic and juvenile posts I have read in a long time. Are you trying to get this thread locked on account of idiocy or just childish abbreviations? WTF? Man why not spell that out for us, or are you afraid Simon will bite your butt? LOL

Also, bozo "WTF" lol, do you have asking anyone what they have done?

Poor Bill, sometimes his "defenders" cause his reputation more harm than he himself does.

IW

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yeah whether you be for or against BB is totally irrelevant, everyone is welcome to express their veiwpoint...

Brummie

• avishai
    avishai
    I DO think Bill Bowen has made some serious mistakes in his running of SilentLambs

As do I.

WTF people! Lighten up.

I'll try.

Conversation circa 1973

"President Nixon is a cheat and a bad President"

"Say, sonny, what have you done in this country? Shut your young mouth, he's our President, punk!"

I s'pose I deserved that. Lmao. Thanks, logan for lightening up your previous statement.

Geez, what is it with this goddamned issue that people get so bent out of shape about. Sometimes I get the feeling that unless you side in with Bowen 110% you are a Watchtower loveing, pedophile protecting ass. Please. There are shades of grey out there, just so you know

This is why I get so bent, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/38320/1.ashx, & this one too. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/46670/1.ashx Tyler is my little brother, & no, I don't see too many shades of grey in this issue. I had too wake up one too many nights w/ a screaming, terrified four yr. old @ the age of 14. So, I can be reactive at times. Sorry if I misunderstood.

IW

Also, bozo "WTF" lol, do you have asking anyone what they have done?
    I can ask anyone just about anything I please. WTF business do you have asking me if I can ask others questions? You have made yourself abundantly clear on this issue. So have I, actually, but I did add the caveat "bill screws up from time to time". He's human.
  • rocketman
    rocketman

Read entire thread to this point........not sure what to think.....Michael Jackson comment funny.....

One thing I will say is that it should surprise no one that the WT will not play nice Christians here; they are out to win, not out to promote justice, and not out to help kids in this instance.

Oh, and I did think that their bringing up BB's bethel records and little stuff like the first name he used, Bill rather than William, is nit-pickish to say the least. But as was already said by others, they have lawyers there that are there to win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit