Update on Bill Bowens meeting with WT Reps:

by Brummie 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• amac
    amac

I hate to be the dissenter here, but (actually, I don't mind at all) Bill seems to stick his foot in his mouth repeatedly. If I was a juror, I'd have a hard time seeing him as an expert witness, and more as a bitter ex-JW...reasons below...

For starters, I see nothing unusual about this deposition. I would have to agree with Megadude that they are not using any special tactics here, but common defense tactics. I see these as their right if they are trying to defend their assets.

They attacked my children, my parents,

According to Bill's post, all they did was ask for names, birthdays, etc. I see no "attacks."

It seemed one of the largest concerns of the Watchtower hired attorney was that I described his Lexus as a $70,000 car. I also used the word "new." He wanted to use this as a basis to say all things on the silentlambs website were untrue or exaggerated. Well I explained we try to be as accurate as possible and if something is inaccurate we gladly correct it. He stated his car only cost $38,000 new and it was three years old and he only paid $28,000 for it. So for any who may have had great concern about the Lexus of the attorney that defends the rights of a child molester for Watchtower, we are glad to make this clarification. There also was some discussion about the amount estimated of retainer fees they were being paid. I generously offered to amend the figures quoted if they would provide the actual amount.

Bill basically discredits his entire website and any facts on it here! So Silentlambs reports exagerrated and false information until the accused party corrects it?!?!? This is ridiculous! Especially since it was over something as stupid as the price of the guys car! I drive a Lexus too, it certainly doesn't mean I'm rich.

The extension of this is now perhaps his 28,000 whatever it is figure for child molesters is exaggerated as well, but who's gonna correct it?

They conveniently declined to accept my offer. So I guess I will have to stick with my original assessment.

Then Bill suggests some type of acknowledgement to his exaggerrated guess (his exaggeration of the lawyers call was over TWICE as much as reality!) at their retainer fees, simply because they won't tell him the real amount. Sorry Bill, but that is actually none of your business and I can't imagine any defendant or lawyer telling you that.

Jehovah's Witnesses leadership in my opinion are unscrupulous scalawags that will sink to the lowest level of nasty cut throat tactics to protect their money.

Did you expect them to just roll over? Are your tactics any different? Recording conversations to use against them, digging up any dirt possible. I don't think your tactics are necessarily unscrupulous, but they seem quite equivalent to the defense' tactics.

They will go after your children, parents, wife, threaten them with subpoena, depositions and the expense of making these things happen. They will attack with tactics that sink to the lowest human denominator and use World Wide Work money to finance their wickedness.

I don't know what you expected them to do. None of their tactics seem to be as underhanded as you suggest. Bill is way too emotionally troubled and biased by this to be an expert witness.

What did WWW money pay for in the last two days? See pictures-
    http://community.webshots.com/album/75952879gWupNT?324

How ridiculous! Posting pictures of some corner Korean restaurant and of your soup and cereal as if the society was blowing money away. They were probably afraid that if they put you in a cheap motel 6 you would complain, but instead you complained about them putting you in a run of the mill average hotel with average meals instead of economy. How absurd! And of course they can afford bigger lawyers, they're a large corporation.

It is estimated that one day of depositions cost $5,000-$10,000. Two days of depositions were taken this week, so around $10,000-$20,000 of Jehovah's Witnesses WWW money just went to finance the defense of the Watchtower child abuse policy.

What on earth could be your point? They are trying to defend $3 million. $20K doesn't even compare.

Does this make anyone that is a JW proud to know that hard earned money they send for donations is being used to ultimately defend child molesters?...We promise to use every penny to assist and support JW abuse survivors and you can be certain that not one cent will be spent on behalf of child molesters.

Another exaggeration, they are defending themselves in a civil case. Paul Berry does not benefit from this at all. No one benefits from this, except for the victims if they win.

I have no problem finding fault with the WT, but this is ridiculous.

• sf
    sf

Bowen states:

Well I explained we try to be as accurate as possible and if something is inaccurate we gladly correct it.

This is simply not true.

I most assuredly DID bring something to his attention approx. a year ago and was basically told that the 'evidence' would then be sought out and possibly destroyed if I said anything.

All I wanted to do was get clarification on a few 'issues' I'd heard inadvertantly. Yet was told to 'let it go'...that IT was the truth and that it would prove to be so, no matter what else I had heard.

I know this is going to throw some of you yet I simply can't keep this bottled up any longer; especially when I see statements as the one above.

If you even knew how fast my heart is racing now. But truth is what will bring the organization of the Watchtower down. Not 'un-truths', fabrications and manipulations.

sKally, let the chips fall where they may now klass.... I KNOW I FEEL BETTER NOW and my crisis of conscience isn't so chaotic now

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bill keeps vacillating between a growling attack dog and a whining little puppy, which is it?

I'm sorry, but when reading Bill's statements I don't whether I'm reading a summary of events or an overly dramatic dime novel. He needs a PR man!

IW

• Brummie
    Brummie

Having a busy night at work so breifly....

Bill B or the WT...which one is the criminal here? I'll go with identifying the WT as the criminal and BB as the one having to put up with the WT shyte. He felt like a victim with his hands tied behind his back, why do some feel its necessary to overlook the WT and attack BB's motives...like he is the shady one and they are just doing their jobs... humph

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

BTW IW, I agree with you 100% he does need a pr man

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

amac is so right. Mr. Bowan has done some credible things but he's also done some not so credible things. The "victim" routing does nothing for his credibility. Unfortunately the man is a weak reed to place much hope on.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

If you don't want to run with the big dogs you'd better stay on the porch.

• logansrun
    logansrun

A few thoughts:

First, I know this is a touchy subject, but Bill Bowen lost a lot of credibility with me after his insane attack of Ray Franz. Does he magnify and exagerate things? I think so. (Now, now, that does not mean I think he's a total liar or that there is not a problem w/ WT abuse policy. Don't jump on me for stating a moderate opinion on these matters)

Secondly, I agree that the tactics used in the questioning of BB are not unusual by any means. Of course, one would think that the most perfect and godly organization on the planet would be somehow different from your typical scum lawyer, but we all know the story behind that, right?

Ten to twenty thousand dollars of WT money spent on this matter is nothing -- a drop in the bucket, really. Bowen makes an issue here out of nothing. Yes, wounded puppy is a good analogy.

Bradley

• shamus
    shamus

Not only that, but the WT society has no say in what legal questions the lawyers ask them - they are paid to do a job, and they are the ones who do it; not the watchtower. The same thing happened in the Roman Catholic cases....

Why does Bill Bowen not have a lawyer at these depositions?

• logansrun
    logansrun

All right, let's just admit it: Bill Bowen is the worst thing to happen to Apostasy since Michael Jackson.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit