Update on Bill Bowens meeting with WT Reps:

by Brummie 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brummie
    Brummie
    If you even knew how fast my heart is racing now. But truth is what will bring the organization of the Watchtower down. Not 'un-truths', fabrications and manipulations.

SKally I agree with you 100%! Sorry you have to be carrying this anxiety around with you, hopefully you will feel comfortable to share it one day. If what you are holding secret is not an half truth or fabrication you should be able to spit it out without any pressure.

the WT will not play nice Christians here; they are out to win, not out to promote justice, and not out to help kids in this instance.

Bang on Rocketman! They are out to win regardless of what is true...I dont know why this sort of action by the WTS still shocks me, but it does.

brummie

brummie

• avishai
    avishai

What I think a lot of us fail to realize( myself included, sometimes ) is that this struggle is'nt just about Bill Bowen, or Ray Franz, or any one person. If Bill were to die today, this would still be happening. The door is open, there are dozens of attorneys & hundreds of people suing the wts. Bill has done a lot. HE continues to do a lot. Instead of ripping on him every time his name comes up, let's think about what WE can do to stop the abuse of innocent children. If you don't thnk the wts should be sued at all, & that they are in the right, go to this sites child abuse section & read the stories. Check out other sites. But to just sit on high and criticise Bill or Ray & not be doing anything yourself is just silly & really accomplishes nothing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow. All that documentation on the WT side. The lawyer flipping through a thick book of telephone manuscripts. Every darn form that Bill ever filled out. Bill does have a sharp lawyer, doesn't he? At least here in Canada, both sides of a court case are entitled to all that information. All Bill's lawyer has to do is ask the right questions, in discovery, before the case even goes to trial.

I have seen court cases settle because it became too costly to process all the paperwork.

• waiting
    waiting

Being a chatty person by nature.................I was a sitting duck in a deposition I had to give - my First One. The attorney knew what he was doing. Imho, I was right in the case.....and I lost.

Now, I get to go to another deposition on an auto accident. Again, I was right. However..........I certainly hope I've learned my lesson - particularily to count to 3 before I answer.

The opposing insurance company, etc., & their attorneys are out to win.....not be fair. Also, it's their right to try and tarnish an expert witness any way they can. It's their job.

Did I bitch about it afterwards? You bet I did! Bill's comments are much kinder than mine were about Allstate Ins. Co. Btw, it's also Bill's right to discredit the WTBTS any way he can.

I suggested about a year ago that Bill Bowen would benefit from a paid PR person. Some persons were so highly indignent with me........however, not Bill Bowen.

Bowen has a right to his opinions just like the rest of us. But because he's spearheading a movement with legal complications? Well, he might again think about a PR person.

I think Bill's done a marvelous job overall. Not perfect.....but then neither are we.

"A critic to a writer is like a lampost to a dog. "

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

I think Bill is a good bloke and has done a lot of good stuff and a fantastic job of raising the media attention on this issue.

I think some have led him in the wrong direction with mistaken attacks on Ray Franz and I sometimes see other people talking when I read his website and see what looks like other people's agendas coming to the fore.

It's important to be 100% accurate in anything that is publicised about what the WTS has or hasn't done as JWs will pick up an anything show to be untrue as an excuse to dismiss the entire issue (of course this goes to other JW issues as well).

I hope Bill has great success against the WTS because I think he deserves it and I think they are long overdue getting it.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Avishai,

There was a civil rights leader who one time stated that what his movement needed was people "with soft hearts and strong minds." I think this is similar to the child abuse situation in the organization today (and in compensation for past abuse). Of course, anyone with a heart will grieve and be angered by any act of child molestation or abuse. It's sickening what has happened, and it's sickening to see how the Society "covered their asses" instead of helping abused victims and demanding justice fully. I'm with you and Bill Bowen on that 100%.

But, it seems that the latter part of what that civil rights leader said is sometimes missing in this sensitive issue -- "strong minds." You see, this controversy needs backing by people who can see issues clearly, without exaggeration and without resorting to juvenile behavior. Juvenile behavior? Yes. Take Bill Bowens sensational letter to the GB calling them all to a hearing to be disfellowshipped (this from a DFd man!). Or his accusations stating that a number of men including Ted Jaracz, Fred Franz and other GB members all were child sexual abusers. That could be true but, honestly, it's quite far-fetched. Or maybe we can bring up his comments about Ray Franz...no, I'll stop where I'm at.

I give credit where credit is due. Bill Bowen deserves credit for helping abuse victims and bringing this "secret" issue open to the public. Richard Nixon deserves credit for ending the war in Vietnam and opening up talks with China. But, just because a person deserves commendation for things he does right does not mean that he cannot be criticised -- at times harshly -- for things he has done wrong. That's where I stand on this issue.

Bradley

PS -- My comments regarding Bowen and the gloved one were obviously meant as humor given the direction in which the thread was moving at the time.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    But, just because a person deserves commendation for things he does right does not mean that he cannot be criticised -- at times harshly -- for things he has done wrong. That's where I stand on this issue.

I agree with you 100% Logan

I'm not a passionate defender of BB or RF or anyone else for that matter. It does become noticable though that some people (just a small few) tend to always bring up BBs negative points on every chance they get. A balanced veiw is refreshing

Brummie

• logansrun
    logansrun

Brummie,

Absolutely. And I probably bring up the negative aspects of BB just to counter the near idolization of the man that is sometimes apparant. But, that's just the way it goes.

For the record: I really do hope BB can bring the Society to justice in those instances where it is deserved. I also realize that to those who have gone through abuse themselves, this issue is pregnant with implications. And, of course, I don't know the whole story myself.

Bradley

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

I have read your posting and felt I needed to add the recount of the deposition I had last week with Megans parents. Her mother did so badly that doing a depo on her father before the trial was not needed. here is a breif description of her statements I think you will find them horribly interesting.

Well the trail is getting close and we had depositions on thurs. I cant believe some of the crap that came out of megans mothers mouth. I seriously think she is freaking mentaly retarded. She was caught lying numerous times and any credibility she had before the depo was destroyed. There were some very sad and embarrasing times for her I am glad to say. My lawyer had asked her about the molestation of Megan by her brother in law a JW and she had stated that she didn't know about it untill a year after the fact. Then she said that it wasn't a molestation but an inapropriate sexual advance. He then asked if she had knoweledge of the affair that the same JW bro in law had with her other daughter. She also said it wasn't a molestation but an inapropraite sexual advance. He then asked her how old were the girls when this had happened and she answered 15 and 16. Then he said has your son ever been molested and she said yes. Also a JW Then he asked did you notify the police and she answered no. Next he said Have you ever called the police on any of your children and she said yes on her son when he got angry and puched a hole in the wall. Then he said " let me get this straight you call the police when your son gets mad and punches a hole in the wall but you don't when your children get molested and she said yes".

Well it was like a bomb going off in the room. There were many more embarrasing moments for her too many to mention here. She lied about Megans attempted suicides and her sisters attempted suicides which are a matter of record. She lied about their drinking habits. She lied about having nervous breakdowns. The lawyer asked her why she kept looking at her husband when ever he asked her a question and she stated Aw because he's so cute. She is such a phoney lying Bitch and it was so obvious.

I only hope she does as badly during the trial. I know I don't have this battle won yet but it was encouraging to see her fall on her lying face. The Gaurdian ad lietem was present for the depo and that too was a good thing. The only witnesses they have are members of thier congregation and they are having an overseer testify. Her sister is going to testify that when her brother and sisters were molested that they were instructed by the elders, one of which is testifying, advised not to call the police.

I will again, Keep you posted about what happens at the trial. I pray to god that the judge has the wisdom of Solomon and I get my babies back.

Larrynbabies

• Brummie
    Brummie

let me get this straight you call the police when your son gets mad and punches a hole in the wall but you don't when your children get molested and she said yes".

Larry she is an obsolute loser! Everytime I read about this case I'm speechless at their disgusting attitudes. Incredible!

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit