TO THE STUPID ATHEISTS:

by atheist_R_stupid 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

to add to finkelstein,

whose comments are always fine, 

Atheists would only act stupidly, if they missed the success component of  religiocity , the love bombing, the tribe. the family part of it, and if they thought that by attacking only, they will help the person accept the inevitable conclusions of reality.

Leading ARS through a step by step process perhaps, inviting him for a meal, rather than changing the subject to food, the lowest form of meaningful conversation at a dinner table, and ignoring him. That way, all readers would be sped on our journey up.  

• Twitch
    Twitch
    From that acknowledgment I think there should be a level of empathy offered to him and people like him.

Agreed

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The accusation of "Stupid Atheists" coming from a guy who is, at best, barely even semi-literate?

Talk about irony of ironies! 

Then again, they do say that it often "takes one to know one." Maybe you are correct after all, and that we are stupid. On the matter of stupidity, you - out of all people - would be a bloody expert, so your opinion would have to rate highly.

I salute you as a Subject Matter Expert!

Bill

(PS: Definition of the term expert = "A has-been drip under pressure"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

When a religious person says I'm stupid for thinking this way I'll take it as a compliment. Belief blinds intelligence. 

• nugget
    nugget

I'm from England  (note the capital E) not to be confused with the UK which includes Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England. 

i don't think atheists are stupid. I do think that a little research before a rant may save people from embarrassment.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Prologos: Guilty as charged.  I believe in letting different voices be heard, I really do.  However, if I was having dinner with someone and they were deliberately being obnoxious by starting a provoking subject without the slightest intention of listening to other's viewpoints, I would try to change the subject.

ARS had no intention of a give and take.  

Besides if you read the posts about food intently you would discover it wasn't about the food.

Rather keeping an open mind and being open to unexpected discoveries.

Miss.Fit

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    Well, I think this is more of a Miss Manners kind of problem. When someone in a group blurts out something so ignorant, so idiotic, so abysmally embarrassing, if the person were capable of embarrassment, the kind and polite thing to do is pretend he/she never said it at all. Turn to your neighbor and ask how his roses are doing. Has he tried Epsom salts which you've heard some gardeners use? Or, as kind Nicolau did, mention a really good restaurant meal and change the direction of the conversation. It gives the asshole, er, poor unthinking person, a chance to recover his balance and save face.
  • Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis

...or just ban the troll.

Whatever his personal problems, it isn't our job to be his victims or take his abuse.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I got the feeling that ARS was a young adolescent who just intentionally came here to throw dirt, his intent wasn't for any real discussion or debate. 

His chosen user name kind of tells the story in itself.  

He didn't really have any information to debate upon but a bunch vitriol idiocy.  

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I got the feeling that ARS was a young adolescent who just intentionally came here to throw dirt, his intent wasn't for any real discussion or debate. 

Finkelstein, are you pondering what I'm pondering? I think this riddle has been solved:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit