Jesus was gay - says academic

by ISP 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

SS,

Thanks for your work....I'll check it out. However....aside from available evidence that some societies, cultures, practice in some way gayism ( easier to spell than homosexual ) the obvious still explains the abnormal nature of it.

If you took at random any 100 men from various cultures..........put them each in a room by themselves........then first bring in a naked man for him to look at......then bring in a naked woman for him to look at......................whose bones do you think by FAR the majority would want to jump?

Hamas,

What the hell was that comment about?

Logansrun,

In fact, I believe most of them are extemely liberal Christians or agnostics.

Think about it: you really believe a religion as powerful as Christianity was founded on nothing?

Well, if they are liberal or agnostic........then WHY....if they REALLY believe this man existed.......are they liberal and Agnostic and not also his devoted followers? If they are Agnostic.....then they aren't too convinced. If they say.....he existed, but was deified later by the church.........then I guess there is no point in putting any faith in him anyway as he would be just another wise philosopher.

Other than bible writers Logan......there really is no credible writings from historians of that time.The writers considered pagan, did not discuss Jesus accept to downplay those that built the figure. Those writer said the christians were no different than the pagans putting their hopes in a fictional character.

What books have you read that has discussed the Jesus theory? The Christ Conspiracy is one and the Jesus Mysteries is another. These books clearly show the prevailing beliefs surrounding the area the bible was penned.

When you learn of the Motifs that existed in the minds of individuals at that time, and compare them to Jesus.......it is plain to see (at least for me ) .....that the Jesus story was a re-invention of an already existing believe in other gods and was simply transfered to Jesus. The similarities in the stories are simply too obvious.

Walking on water, raising the dead, dying and rising again, the sacraments, born of a virgin, the son of god. All these characteristics and many more were attributed to Motifs .......long before Jesus. What were/are the chances Jesus would have all these same qualities?

Gumby

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Gumby...There is suficient evidence that actual homosexuality is genetically linked. The patterns of personality traits and affinities found in practicing and nonpracticing gays suggests that the behavior is not a warped or abborant vice but a genetic anomoly. Aside from those "actual" homosexuals many have experimented with the practices while not feeling that they are gay they appreciate the physical aspects. This behavior is observed in bonobos quite often among females and males, in chimps less often but on occasion. The difference is probably due to the greater male aggression/rivalry in chimps. That you and I "feel" a natural repulsion tward the behavior and yet others don't should suggest to you that the differences are real, biological and inherent.

• Xena
    Xena

Can't they just say he was a non practicing bi and leave it at that....then everyone could be happy

• Aztec
    Aztec

Xena, you're so cute!

~Aztec

• ISP
    ISP
    Dr McCleary said the planet Uranus figured prominently in Jesus's astrological chart, as it did with many gays

.What did you make of that? I guess he would be predisposed to being gay!

ISP

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Oh, yes, Jesus is gay--$51,000 worth.

Is Jesus gay because he chose 12 men as Apostles? Matt. 10:1-4 (Remember he also sent 70 other disciples out too. Luke 10:1. Were they also gay?) Or is it because John was the disciple Jesus loved? John 20:2; 21:7, 20. And John is gay because at the Last Supper he lay his head on Jesus' chest? John 13:23-25 Although Peter was married (Mark 1:30), I guess he is suspect too, huh? See John 20:2

What about Jesus' many associations with women? See Luke 8:2-3 Another $51,000 and he could have been married to Mary, Martha's sister. John 12:2-8 and Luke 10:38-42. Well, actually it says he loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. John 11:5, 36 And who were all these women that were ministering to him (including Mary Magadalene) in Matt. 27:55-56. See also John 20:1-18.

• Simon
    Simon

logansrun: there is little / no evidence of Jesus existing as portrayed by the stories in the gospels which even by their own claims were written long after his death (like 50+ years). Early manuscripts of the documents that are pointed to as proof of his existence are usually void of mention which indicated they were altered and added to later on. The fact that nothing whatsoever was written or said about the guy who raised the dead and did all kinds of amazing miracles speaks volumes.

Of course, if you are going to make up a story about someone to base a belief on, it's much easier if they are long gone as otherwise nothing would have got off the ground - it would be easy to dismiss things and demand to see the guy !

By the same reasoning that it must be true because so many people believe it, then surely all other religions and beliefs must also be true?

Just my opinions of course. I don't mean any offense.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Jesus? Who cares? No matter what, fictional characters can be any sexual orientation you want.

ash

• logansrun
    logansrun

Regarding the historical Jesus; some points:

Many people who do not subscribe to a religion are also intensely interested in it and devote their professional lives to studying it. Many scholars do not believe that Jesus is God incarnate, that he, in fact, was nothing more than a wise philosopher who was the central figure in the establishment of a Jewish sect. To say, "Well, if you are not a Christian why are you studying Jesus?" seems intellectually shortsighted.

I'm not a Christian by any sense of the word, yet I cannot help but comment that some of my fellow non-Christians are a little too eager to believe the extreme minority of scholars (some of whom should have quotation marks around that title) in saying that a historical man named Jesus of Nazereth ever existed. Do you also believe that Muhammed never existed? The man named Siddartha Gautama who later became the Buddha? Does it make a difference if you do? Most likely, you believe there really were historical personages who founded those religions, yet, you probably are neither Muslim or Buddhist. Could it be that, in your desire to destroy the sophmoric and naive faith we were once part of, you go a little too far in your "hermeneutics of suspicion?"

Who said the Gospels were all written in the second century? In my research of the Bible -- all of it higher criticism -- I have never heard this. To my knowledge, the four Gospels which were later voted as being canonical started to be written with the Gospel of Mark around 70 ce, then Matthew and Luke sometime before the first century was over with. The latest date I have ever seen for the Gospel of John is 135 ce; the earliest around 90 ce.

Am I certain that Jesus existed? No. But, I believe there is a very high probability that there really was a man, a Jew, named Jesus who taught many interesting things and might have even thought of himself as the Messiah. He did not do any of the miracles later writers fictionalized and did not rise from the dead. Yes, the Gospel writers did incorporate many Greek and near eastern myths in their portrayel of the man they called Christ, but that does not in any way negate the probablity that Jesus existed. You know the old tale about George Washington and the cherry tree? "I cannot tell a lie" -- all that? Well, it's a myth; it never happened. But, I'll bet dollars to pennies you believe the man existed.

The book, "The Christ Conspiracy" was mentioned. Sorry, but it got a pathetic review in Skeptic magazine by Tim Callahan who is hardly a Christian (and the magazine certainly not Christian apologetic fare). I stand by my position in stating that those who believe that Christ never existed are on the extreme fringes of scholarship, not far from those who would make the ludicrous assertion that Jesus was gay.

Bradley

PS -- Tim Callahan has written two books on Biblical higher criticism: "Bible Prophecy -- Fact or Fictioon" and "The Secret Origins of the Bible."

• demar
    demar

People will do or say anything to justify their sinful lifestyle. I don't know who this idiot is but anyone who looks to stars(trillions of miles away)and planets(millions of miles away)as a guide for truth about ones life they need serious psychological help. First of all let me say it is a historical fact that Jesus walked this earth. Flavius Josephus, Seutonias, Pliny the younger were all historians who lived during the time of Jesus, and they all wrote about him. And may I add that they were all enemies of the faith but they were honest historians who had to report the truth. Secondly Jesus(being a teacher of the law) taught that woman was made for man and that only men and women are to marry. The apostle Paul(like all of the bible) condemns homosexuality in places such as Romans 1, I Corinthithians,and Timothy. It is against Gods created order and an abomination. Only a person who has rejected the truth of the word of God would come to such a bonehead conclusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit