Jesus was gay - says academic

by ISP 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ISP
    ISP
    Jesus was gay - says academic

Jesus was gay and so were at least three of his 12 disciples, according to an Australian academic.

Dr Rollan McCleary said Jesus's astrological chart, clues in the scriptures and biblical translations, all played a part in his conclusions.

In a forthcoming book, he attempts to present St John's Gospel in a new light to back up his claims, reports the Herald Sun.

Dr Rollan McCleary, a University of Queensland PhD graduate who now lives in Melbourne, has just been awarded his doctorate for a thesis on gay spirituality.

An Anglican and a qualified reader of astrological charts, Dr McCleary said the planet Uranus figured prominently in Jesus's astrological chart, as it did with many gays.

'planet Uranus figured prominently in Jesus's astrological chart, as it did with many gays.'

I thought that already....

ISP

• rocketman
    rocketman

To help his credibility, he could have at least picked a planet with a different name.

• ISP
    ISP

Jesus was gay - $51,000 says so By Tess Livingstone
    May 29, 2003

JESUS was gay – the University of Queensland gave $51,000 of public money to a PhD student to reach that conclusion.

Dr McCleary studied Jesus's astrological chart.
    Melbourne-based Rollan McCleary, who will today be awarded his doctorate, earned $17,000 a year to work on his three-year thesis on homosexual spirituality.

As well as his revelation about Christ, Dr McCleary has also reached the conclusion that three – or possibly four – of Jesus's chosen disciples were also gay. A former Paris radio broadcaster, Hong Kong teacher and graduate of London University, Dr McCleary lived in Brisbane while completing his thesis.

He now lives in Melbourne, where he hopes to pursue postdoctoral studies with the aim of making gay spirituality a separate academic discipline.

Dr McCleary also believes that gay people find it easier to be Christian. "You don't have to be gay to be Christian, but it would be easier," he said.

Gay people, he said, were "looking for the ecstatic", sometimes in harmful ways, but were more inclined to be visionary and open to the transcendent.

He said Jesus's astrological chart, clues in the scriptures to which the churches had been blind and accurate biblical translations had all played a part in his conclusions. "The starting point is the matter of John, who always referred to himself as Jesus's beloved disciple," Dr McCleary said.

In a forthcoming book, he attempts to present St John's gospel in a new light to back up his claims.

"If you assume that Christ was incarnate, there are perfect theological and mystical reasons to point to his sexuality," Dr McCleary said.

Gay spirituality, he said, had begun with Christianity then fanned out to other religious such as Buddhism.

An Anglican and a qualified reader of astrological charts, Dr McCleary is open about being gay himself.

The Courier-Mail

Looks like he was gay himself....

ISP

• shamus
  • riz
    riz

if he was gay he wouldn't have been caught dead with that dreadful hairstyle.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Well, I guess that settles it.... we all know how accurate astrology is, although it seems that every other month my 'chart' says that I will be starting up a new business venture and will be very successful.... don't tell my boss, I'm sure it's just around the corner.

Where do they find such people with such ideas??? .... More importantly, where did they find the $51,000?

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Gay spirituality, he said, had begun with Christianity

As if there weren't spiritual gays before christianity. It's only christianity that made an issue of homosex. In most other cultures, it wasn't an issue, and so, was not mentioned.

SS

• gumby
    gumby

They havent proved yet that Jesus really existed yet.....let alone say he was gay.

That is pure stupidity when Jesus( if he did exist..... and may have ) never taught such a lifestyle or EVER said anything remotely suggesting he was gay or ordained such a thing. It's THESE goofballs that make christians not want to hear bible critics..,......much like a dub seeing a troll speak on the internet and getting turned off.

Gumby

• logansrun
    logansrun

First off, all scholars and historians agree that Jesus existed.

Secondly -- It really kind of annoys me to see homosexuals who want to bend the scriptures to make it appear as if Christianity and their sexual orientation are compatible. They are not, period -- choose one or the other.

Bradley (who is neither Christian or homosexual btw)

• gumby
    gumby
    In most other cultures, it wasn't an issue, and so, was not mentioned

It wasn't? You mean other cultures practiced or accepted this? Which ones?

I'm not being rude here dude, but have never heard of this being accepted in places unaffected by Christianity. I thought even the animal world and their mating habits was a clue and how male and female are ...the norm.( And yes I am aware there are a few breeds who screw of the same gender)

Gumby.........(of the very non- gay class )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit