It's so simple -- Matthew 24

by cruzanheart 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• herk
    herk

Canon,

As I see it, you're a classic example of how new religions get started. A person like you ignores the Bible's own interpretation and gets all wound up about his own personal view. Reason and Scripture never phase him. All the while, he fails to see that God will not reveal anything to the man who lacks humility.

Herk

• JCanon
    JCanon

1 Corinthians 2:14

"But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. However, the spiritual man examines indeed ALL THINGS, but he himself is not examined by any man."

So true. So true...

Canon

• herk
    herk

Canon,

So true. So true...

Apparently I wasn't far wrong, was I? Search as diligently as we may, we can find no evidence of the humility that brings God's rich blessing.

Herk

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Ultimately the comparison between the wise and the foolish is that the foolish only went half way. They were not interested in everything they needed to complete the picture; everything that God gave them. And in the end, they needed it ALL.

Nope, ultimately the difference between the wise and the foolish is that the wise were prepared and the foolish were not. Keep it simple and use whatever gifts God gives you to stay prepared for what you know is coming.

So why discourage someone from pursuing ALL? Why insist that looking into prophecy or chronology or other things in the Bible is something we shouldn't do or needn't do?

....."It does not belong to you to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;....

Why discourage interest in something that's in the Bible. It doesn't mean I don't give money to the homeless or don't love my fellowman. I just think we need to do BOTH. Doing one is not good enough.

Well nobody is discouraging interest in things that are the Bible, however some of those things are admittedly not as important as others. They can be distracting, divisive, and lead to many empty debates, foolish questionings and fights about things we will never be completely sure about until they happen. Even the jws believe that often God doesn't reveal the complete details of prophesy until they have already been fulfilled. Which is pretty interesting in and of itself.

If you have prophecy but ignore love, you won't make it. If you love your fellowman and ignore prophecy, you won't make it either. You must do BOTH. You must have oil in your lamps AND in your receptacles to make it.

????

I don't think you will find anywhere in the Bible were prophesy is said to be a foundation for anything. I tend to look at it as an extra not an essential. For instance in some circumstances it would be vital to listen prophecy. I think of whne Jerusalem was last destroyed, any who didn't heed the prophecy to leave when they saw the city surrounded and the Roman armies standing in a place it ought not to be, probably suffered badly if they were still in the city some 4 yrs later when it was finally destroyed. However, when is there a time or circumstance where we wouldn't be mindful of loving God or our fellowman?. A Christian who was obedient in leaving Jerusalem but was unloving towards his fellowman, though saved from that imminent disaster, would still face the wrath of his Lord later on would he not?
  • jgnat
    jgnat
    Excellent point! As I see it, a great conclusion to the matter.

ROTFL . Herk, wishful thinking if I ever saw it! Thanks for the laugh.

Matthew 22:37 gives us the LOVE COMMANDS, which #1 is: "YOU MUST LOVE YOUR GOD WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART AND WITH YOUR WHOLE SOUL AND WITH YOUR WHOLE MIND. THIS IS THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT."

...and before this entire debate started, this was Cruzanheart’s revelation. That all the stories that follow (including the FDS, the ten virgins, the loaned money) have to do with the preparation of our heart, and the following of these commands.

I find it interesting where you cut off Jesus’ words:

And he said to him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy understanding. This is the great and first commandment. And the second is like it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments the whole law and the prophets hang. Mat 22:37-40 Darby

And one of the scribes who had come up, and had heard them reasoning together, perceiving that he had answered them well, demanded of him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first commandment of all is , Hear, Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord; and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thine understanding, and with all thy strength. This is the first commandment. And a second like it is this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is not another commandment greater than these. And the scribe said to him, Right, teacher; thou hast spoken according to the truth. For he is one, and there is none other besides him; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the intelligence, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbour as one's self, is more than all the burnt-offerings and sacrifices. Mark 12:28-33 Darby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You have been warned.

"Judge not let lest ye be judged."

If it is true that we are to stand before a Higher Power and our lives will be judged based on how we conducted ourselves and treated others, then I would rather approach my God and be judged by the love I showed others than to be found wanting due to an arrogant belief that only I had the power to dispense prophecy to the "little people".

I've read this thread and I get such tired head reading JCanon's mumbo jumbo. It is boring and convulted.

I although I don't agree with everything Paul wrote, I am in agreement with this statement: " And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing."

Yes. It is that simple. Not easy. Not simple-minded. But simple. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you something.

• herk
    herk

Canon,

Your posts keep reminding me of the following texts:

• Jer 14:14 - "Then Jehovah said to me, 'The prophets are prophesying falsehood in my name. I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds.'"
    • Jer 23:31 - "'Behold, I am against the prophets,' declares Jehovah, 'who use their tongues and declare, "Jehovah declares."'"
    • Mt 7:15 - "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves."
    • Mt 24:11 - "Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many."
    • 1 Jo 4:1 - "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Herk

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

j canon; you come up with a lot of hersay, you keep saying the jw's are jehovah's people sounds great, can you back up that jesus choose the wt in waas it 1872, or 74 ,78 ,or 1881 or 1979 or 1984 when the wt was incorparated, now it's 1914 or 1919 which date can you back up. or was it 1844 when again nothing happened . russell tried to twist this false prophecy into the story about the virgins with the oil and the ones without. as for the jews going back to isreal russell said it was bible truth that they were to return before 1914 etc. nothing the wt has ever said in the name of god has EVER CAME TO PASS. so again please do your homework before you say that the jw's are god's people. they may be jehovah's that false christ from brooklyn people. but the bible is quite clear that the wt is a false christ and jesus is not leading them....john

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Why judge them for their Biblical enthusiasm and tell them they should focus more on THIS LIFE?

Because, as you have pointed out for four pages, sometimes people are ignorant of the more important things and need a wake-up call. Unless, of course, your initials "JC" stand for the Big Guy himself and you are back to teach us the error of our ways. If that is the case, then I'm not good enough for you. And I don't want to spend an eternity trying to live up to an impossible standard set by a judgmental egotist.

Nina

• herk
    herk
    Nothing the wt has ever said in the name of god has EVER COME TO PASS.

How true--with special emphasis on "nothing"!

I don't want to spend an eternity trying to live up to an impossible standard set by a judgmental egotist.

Same here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit