Did you take down notes at the meetings?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Were you the type to always jot down every little detail the brothers said from the podium?

I found it amusing when especially sisters were always writting notes in their pads when the brother was giving a talk in the front.

I wonder if it was because they found the topic interesting, or because they wanted to look as if they were learning something.

I was all ears, but never took down notes. That's odd, coming from a person who is "visual". Guess I just wasn't interested.

How about you, did you constantly write down notes when brothers were speaking in the front?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, JH, I did make notes but not of anything being said from the platform. Sometimes I would make out my grocery list. Other times it would be my to do list for the next day or I would write a letter to a friend. I also had word games that I would play. Anything to relieve the boredom.

Since I sat by myself, no one could see what I was writing.

Blondie

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I color coded my notes before and during meetings.

• shamus
    shamus

AAAUUUGH! YES, AT THE DISTRICT CONVENTIONS!!! AAAAUUGH!!

Where did those notes end up? In the garbage. The last few years we used to draw pictures of gross things - like stick-men killing each other, stomping on their heads with greusome gore.... that was fun.

• fairy
    fairy

I most certainly did take notes.....i had to........to stop myself from going to sleep!!!

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

At the weekday meeting no. At the conventions and assemblies yes. It was a way for me to stay awake and act like I was getting something out of the meeting. I still have my old notes and when I read them over none of them make sense anymore.

• rocketman
    rocketman

My wife took lots of notes. I rarely took them. I had been assigned parts to cover Convention highlights and used her notes.

I'd fall asleep either way, whether I tried note-taking or not.

• manon
    manon

Pretended to take notes doodled 99% of the time.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I never took notes, but I drew pictures of people sitting close to me.

Brian'

• caligirl
    caligirl

If i did , it was only to stay awake! Doodled a lot as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit