Did you take down notes at the meetings?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I never took notes. I was bored and just wanted to sleep. Unfortunately, my wife's elbow usually interfered with that.

Walter

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh yes, I sure did.

I would take notes, not only at meetings, but assemblies and special talks as well.

Very rarely would I review them. I found that it used to sap the energy right out of me (the talks that is). Writing kept me awake, and I guess I appeared more or less, attentive and interested.

• crownboy
    crownboy
    Did you take down notes at the meetings?

Not at the congregation meetings, but sometimes at the assemblies or conventions.

• professor
    professor

Dad was an elder. Taking notes was mandatory. This was just so that everyone in the congregation knew we were better than them.

• SYN
    SYN

I got into some serious trouble at age 12 when I was busted adding captions to the illustrations in the Revelation book. (Y'all know how much I love doing CAPTIONS!!!!) Those pictures are just the ultimate caption material, IMO. Pity I threw that book away actually. Then again, good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Freedomrules
    Freedomrules

for SYN:

Off topic, I just noticed you are in Togo. I'm moving there this summer for two years. I wanted to send you a PM but was unable to. Am interested in talking if you are available.

Freedomrules

And yes, I took notes, so I'd look spiritual and could make out with cute brothers. Ewww....

• Azalo
    Azalo

somtimes, i mostly doodled. me and my friend got in trouble for drawing on the pictures in tha magz and adding captions. i also used to tally how many times the speaker said a certain word. and i would race my friends to see who could look up the scripture the fastest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit