Did you take down notes at the meetings?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Only when the CO was in town... yes. I was one of those ass kissers once.

I never really wrote down anything more than the scriptures he used. Looking back it was rather pointless as I would have no way to really tie it together but it looked good for the Elders and the CO.

Kansas District Overbeer

• nilfun
    nilfun

Drew pictures. Plus I could use my pen as a stabbing instrument (forearm, thigh) to keep myself awake.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

only when I did'nt agree with what they told (Most of the time I was even to sleepy fot that) and afterwhile I forgot to look after it. Much more interesting things to do like reading a good book for example. Country Woman

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Sometimes on Sundays, if I thought it was going to be an interesting talk. You know, like how God was going to kill all the unbelievers at Armageddon and why we should be happy about that. *rolls eyes* It makes me sick to think I got excited about slaughter.

I took notes at the special talks and at the conventions/assemblies. I don't know why, other than to stay awake and because they told us to. Or was it that I wanted to look really spiritual (I actually was very "spiritual" for a long time.) in the hopes of attracting a man. *gag*

• Loris
    Loris

I am saddened by all you lost souls who did not take notes.

Didn't Jesus say that the end would be like the days of Noah? Did you not take to heart the clear warning about all those people before the flood who "took no note" and the flood waters carried them all away.

I took lots of notes. I had to in order to stay focused. The mind would drift if I didn't. I rarely looked over them later. Their purpose didn't seem to be a memory aid because there was rarely anything worth remembering.

Loris

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Like caligirl, taking notes and doodling kept me from falling asleep, and we all know how easily that was accomplished.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I doodled and played crosswords with the text in the literature to make it look like I was paying attention and doing something important.

After all, with Jehovah's Witnesses, appearance is the most important thing.

• JH
    JH

I never took notes, sometimes I didn't even bring a pen. I was day dreaming most of the meeting.

Once I woke up suddenly when they called my name at the watchtower study. I didn't even raise my hand. The person next to me did...

*Get glasses brother*

• unique1
    unique1

I did just so I wouldn't fall asleep. Alot of times notes were really notes to my friends sitting beside me making fun of someone or something close by.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I tried, but then I was in serious danger of looking interested, so I just stopped doing it.

It's funny, I remember somebody else doing exactly the same thing. I used to tell her, 'Why are you taking notes?!?! You will never read them! ' She told me that one day she would take them out and read them, as it is always good to keep notes from the table of Jehovah'

8 months ago, she left and hasn't been back since. Her notes? In the recycle tip with 220 plus Watchtower and Awakes !!!!!! CASHBACK !!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit