Does your cat eat grass?

by JH 54 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

This is Jag's face LOL Lady your's is beatiful looks like a mix of Jag and Whisper

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Jag looks like my little girl Stargazer ('little' being relative - she's 12 lbs). She went to live with an older couple because we had to reduce the cat numbers in the house to go to grad school. Apparently Stargazer now wishes she'd found out about this "life as an only cat" gig years ago ... she's quite the little princess and is practically carted about on a velvet pillow now. She loves it!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

My cat pictures are here

http://community.webshots.com/user/steve_584

Black Powder, St. Pauli Girl-Dark, and Sweet William are still with me. The others are with friends now.

The pic of Stargazer was when she was about 4 months old, so I don't know if you'd still see the resemblence (I can)

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Jaguar says "I DON'T think so I am purrrrrrrrrrr male" LOL

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

LOL poor Jag, but what sex they were didn't enter into it. I don't know if you've been to a cat show and seen the Coons? After I'd been showing a while, I learned to recognize different "looks". Some catteries have very definite "types"...and you'll hear people say, "Oh, yeah, I can see the Capecoon in him" and "You can tell his daddy came from Willowplace". Of the 4 in my litter, one boy (Wimmy) and one girl (Stargazer) had one look, and the other boy (George) and the other girl (Pauli) had another look. Jag has that "sweet" expression I always associate with Capecoon.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I noticed that in the litters my Dad's cat "couple" had. I have three cats from three different litters and they all look different. LOL Now I know why. Thanks I don't usually like cats, that is why I just never have researched etc. I found out what Jag was by the vet and since my Dad "inhereited" these cats and refused to fix them. I tried to rescue as many as possible. I rescued my three and three others but ran out of patience with my Father and refused to do anymore.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    my Dad "inhereited" these cats and refused to fix them. I tried to rescue as many as possible. I rescued my three and three others but ran out of patience with my Father and refused to do anymore.

You could always cut to the chase and kidnap his cats and get them fixed without his knowledge

I'm big on kitty population control.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

This thread brought back old memories and makes me nostalgic. The apartment I moved into a year ago doesn't allow pets, so I ended up giving my kitty to an acquaintance. Well, it ended up that Smokey ran away. Don't know what happened to him. Sure hope he found him a good home somewhere. And looking at the pictures and reading the ongoing posts sure makes me miss him.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    You could always cut to the chase and kidnap his cats and get them fixed without his knowledge

You don't KNOW my Dad he is one mean MF****** he has always been irresponsible with his own and his pets procreational abilities. I finally told him I was no longer responsible for his not caring for his animals Of course all mine are fixed even though I would love to have had some kittens from the female cat and a puppy from my keeshound. All my dogs are purebred (I know I love mutts too my childhood dog was) but I still got them fixed.

Kenneson: I'm sorry I know it hurts. My brother was supposed to watch Kelly my cat( I had from the age of 11 to 19 )until I could get an apartment after a month he took her out and dumped her in the country she was declawed and HAD no chace. I no longer speak to him

• JH
    JH

Talking about cats, do you find that it's cruel to have your cat declawed? Many have their cats declawed, but many don't like the idea of doing that. It's like an amputation. My cat is declawed (2 front paws). I done that because she was breaking everything with her claws. My previous cat wasn't declawed, and caused no problems.

No one should send a cat outside if he has no claws to defend himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit