Will there ever be another Ray Franz?

by nicolaou 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

No, probably not another.

One reason is that the WT was going through an adjustment in its evolutions as a movement that will probably never be repeated. Eric Hoffer seems to have been proven right in his book "True Believer". Ray happen to be caught in the process as an honest person willing to reform the WT through scriptural insights but the conservative forces who wanted only to preserve what they had rather than sponsor a new revolution.

The old guard effectively crushed dissidence and now there is no one left who would dare stand out as Ray and Ed Dunlap had. The only way this leadership would ever see a descending voice again is if it has diminished to near demise and someone feels compelled to step forward to initiate revolutionary change. But would the outcome be any better then the present?

Jst2laws

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    But would the outcome be any better then the present?

Yes.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

How so?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    How so?

Love of God. Yes, believe it or not, there are still some brothers in charge at Bethel who love God.

IW

• avishai
    avishai

IW, prove it!!!!!

• avishai
    avishai

p.s, welcome back, we missed you. Seriously.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    Love of God. Yes, believe it or not, there are still some brothers in charge at Bethel who love God.

No doubt. There were doubtless many clerics in the office of Inquisition who loved god too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see things change. I just don't think real reform is possible anymore. The more they speak of the Organization as being divine, the less that chance becomes.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Avishai,

IW, prove it!!!!!

What will it take to prove it? lol

I was appealing to reason, nothing more. :)

Thanks so much for the kind words, you have no idea how much they mean to me. Thank you!

With much xJW love,

Linda

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

IslandWoman,

While I agree there a several, if not a majority, of men on the GB who love God, that does not change the fact that they too are duped members of a mind-numbing movement. Love of God was in the hearts of leaders of the Inquisition, the crusades, even the Holy Jihads of the Muslims of recent years.

How can love of God alone result in positive change in the Watchtower?

Jst2laws

BTW, I agree, it is great to have you back

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Jst2laws,

How can love of God alone result in positive change in the Watchtower?

Love of God is what matters and what can cause us to change. It is love of God that is the motivator, the great "cause". Wasn't it love of God that caused Ray Franz to do what he did? Isn't it love of God that caused many of us to leave the Watchtower?

Love of God is a powerful thing, but it does not cause us to do evil. Love of God was not the cause of the inquisition. Love of power, control, greed and whatever other evil thing there is may have been the cause but not love of God.

Thank you so much for the welcome back.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit