he with the gold makes the rules!

translation:

he with the rules makes the rules!

• little witch
    little witch

what i meant to say is:

He with the gold makes the rules

He with the rules MAKES THE GOLD!

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I WILL LEARN TO TYPE!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I can't believe you have enough time to waste digging up all this dirt on a religion that you are not and never were a part of. You must be bored. Well if you can spend all this time digging this up, I can at least spend a couple minutes shooting it down.

Let me guess: You were disfellowshiped. You are scared of Armageddon and death. Your only back up plan is to defend "God's organization" for possible salvation even when the proofs against the WT are overwhelming. A pact of silence and of loneliness?

Have anything to say about the WT holding gon to Rand Cam, Regi U.S. shares? Simply denying the authenticity of these legal documents above (did you read them?) does not mean you shot anything down.

Tonight you are going home knowing someone was given a $226,000 house while you were slave-laboring for him. A fascinating topic for research, by the way.

• blackout
    blackout

To get benefit from the Watchtower money, all you would have to do is open a bank, credit union or building society then the watchtower puts their money in at a low interest then you loan the money out at high interest. Who is to say that the governing body hasn't got such a bank owned by the 12 and that is what keeps them going, they are making a shitload and have power what more could they want?

• amac
    amac
    Let me guess: You were disfellowshiped. You are scared of Armageddon and death. Your only back up plan is to defend "God's organization" for possible salvation even when the proofs against the WT are overwhelming. A pact of silence and of loneliness?

Completely wrong. Sorry, nice try though. I am not DFed or DAed and I am not afraid of Armageddon. I no longer hold the beliefs of the JWS. I don't defend the WT for the sake of defending them, I only do it when people like you make empty accusations such as the GB motive is all the money they get.

Have anything to say about the WT holding gon to Rand Cam, Regi U.S. shares? Simply denying the authenticity of these legal documents above (did you read them?) does not mean you shot anything down.

What does Rand Cam or REGI have to do with whether or not the GB live better than other Bethelites and whether or not that is their motive? You seem to have a hard time seperating the mass amounts of money the organization cycles through and whether or not the GB are getting a cut of it.

And, Yes, I did read those documents. How else do you think I was able to reply to them? Did you bother reading and thinking about my replies? If so, please tell me how those buildings are a motive for the GB to keep doing what they are doing.

Tonight you are going home knowing someone was given a $226,000 house while you were slave-laboring for him. A fascinating topic for research, by the way.

You are wrong. The WT owns that house and land. They just let other people stay in it while they volunteer there. And I knew that they had houses like that about 15 years ago, so your fascinating research has not revealed anything that the average JW didn't already know.

You, on the other hand, are going home tonight knowing that you spent a big chunk of your day researching and posting information that was already common knowledge and that proves nothing besides the fact that the WT is a very large non-profit organization with a lot of assets. And to top it off...it's not even your religion. Why do you bother? You have neither exposed anything or enlightened anyone...sleep tight.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    What does Rand Cam or REGI have to do with whether or not the GB live better than other Bethelites and whether or not that is their motive?

So investments in warfare technology fit perfectly with your christian values and BB's poverty vows?

• amac
    amac
    So investments in warfare technology fit perfectly with your christian values and BB's poverty vows?

No, they don't. But, AGAIN, what does that have to do with whether or not the GB are motivated by personal wealth if they are not profitting off the WT's investments personally? Whenever you lose an argument, do you always switch topics like this?

• amac
    amac

Back to the original spirit of this thread...I was thinking last night how I imagine there are probably a number of high ranking JWs who are similar to Mustapha Mond in A Brave New World. Does anyone remember that book from high school?

I'm sure there are some who think they are just a little bit smarter than the average JW and, although they see errors in their teaching, think that they are doing the JWs a favor by providing this vehicle of worship for them.

• Gerard
    Gerard

amac, I'm not switching topic. The WT is pocketing money any posible way, including sales of engines for armament (thoroughly documented). It is you who wants to divert the issue saying "there must be logical ways to explain" their bizarre investments and material wealth, but not surprisingly you have offered no proof of their good will; not surprisingly, you resort to what the GB does every time is cought: deny, deny, deny and deny. If they do not give this money to charity, are they burning it then? I doubt. Just look at their assets.

I believe that most bethelites and Elders believe in their work. But this cult has used fear and phobias to blind them to the WT's ultimate motive: MONEY and power.

No one wins or looses this argument. Either you open your eyes and set yourself free or you don't.

Cheers.

• amac
    amac
    The WT is pocketing money any posible way, including sales of engines for armament (thoroughly documented).

That's quite a vague statement. Yes, the WT pockets lots of money. That doesn't mean that money goes to any particular individuals, it means the money belongs to the corporation and can be used for their operations, expansions, etc.

You have yet to show how any GB or Bethelite is personally profitting off the money that the WT makes, and thus, money is their personal motive. THAT is the topic of this thread, not whether or not the Corporation is good at raking in the dough. Try to focus.

If they do not give this money to charity, are they burning it then? I doubt. Just look at their assets.

You just answered your own question. They don't give the money to charity or burn it. They buy assets with it, reinvest it, use it for operational expenses, etc. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

No one wins or looses this argument. Either you open your eyes and set yourself free or you don't.
    Wow! I didn't realize I was in the presence of the Omniscient. You should have said so earlier and I would have fallen right in line!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit