by careful fader 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amac
    amac
    I see. I hit a nerve...

Peace.

Don't flatter yourself.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I have to say that the WT reels in a buttload of money and they obviously have some shrewd financial guys with loose consciences that help them make that money. What does this have to do with how the GB members live? >>amac

Of course, after some "operational expenses", the Watchtower's GB pass on all those millions to charity. It is the Christian thing to do!

• jgnat
    jgnat

To understand the possible motive of the leaders of the WTS, let's look at how they might have got there, and why they might decide to stay. The WTS is a highly controlled, central government. Dissention is not allowed. This style of government is similar to the fading Communist regimes of our day. If we look at the men of power in the Communist organizations, we can get some understanding on motive.

• Some communist leaders were bullies, who ruthlessly cut down any opponents on their climb to the top. Stalin comes to mind.
    • Others are dedicated committee men who survive by ducking under the radar. Who will ever really know how they truly feel?
    • Some have a prestigious name or connections that make them untouchable.
    • There could be some poker players, like Gorbachev, who hold their cards close to the chest until they are in a position to do some good.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a "Gorbachev" in the organization who is biding his time to bring in necessary change? It would be very difficult to pull off a Gorbachev change. How many times would a "Gorbachev" have to compromise his conscience, hold his tongue, on his way to the top? Compounding the problem, is the society is not run by one man, but committee. We would need either a single strong leader able to manipulate the committee to a new direction. Or an entire committee of like-minded men.

• amac
    amac
    Of course, after some "operational expenses", the Watchtower's GB pass on all those millions to charity.

Yeah, I think their "operational expenses" are only like $1,000 a year. The rest they blow on fishing trips, hookers, gambling, private jets, etc...Those GB are definitely big pimpin'. And none of the other Bethelites who only get $90 a month even trip on it!

• Gerard
    Gerard

OK, smart amac, maybe you can give a cheap shot trying to justify for us this WT's property in NY:

http://www.uspdr.com/consumer/aw-commercialdisplay.asp?unikey=6100020030000005200040000000

Property code is 555 (New York's real estate code for Outdoor Sport Activities) it is a Riding stable (taxt exempt) with a sale price of $2.4 million. Tell us, Were you invited to ride their horses when you were a bethelite? I doubt it. The Watchtower's elite class keeps the slave-labor separete from themselves and their ill-gotten properties.

There are more examples where this one came from.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Gerard, I applaud the research, but like Amac I will not jump to any conclusions. The property you listed is 61 Adams Street, which is apparently a 3 story building, likely a residence, in Brooklyn. While it's interesting that they paid over 2 million for this property when we read about brothers sitting out in fields sharing Bibles, I don't see anything about riding horses. Neigh, I say. :)

• Gerard
    Gerard

I do not know NY street by street. But it is cetainly listed a riding stable (NY code 555).

http://www.orps.state.ny.us/assessor/manuals/vol6/ref/prclas.htm#RESIDENTIAL

Used as: 555

Structure code: 555

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The rest they blow on fishing trips, hookers, gambling, private jets, etc... <

Oh! That explains their ownership of this $9 million dollar motel in NY: (Though they must spend a lot more on hookers so they had to buy a motel).

http://www.uspdr.com/consumer/aw-commercialdisplay.asp?unikey=3724000140000000100540000000

[Property Class:

415 = motel http://www.orps.state.ny.us/assessor/manuals/vol6/ref/prclas.htm#RESIDENTIAL

And then turn around and buy a $17.8 million dollar "lodge" (Code 148) :

http://www.uspdr.com/consumer/aw-commercialdisplay.asp?unikey=6100020030000008700090000000

http://www.orps.state.ny.us/assessor/manuals/vol6/ref/prclas.htm#RESIDENTIAL

• Gerard
    Gerard
    There is nothing high about there standard of living either. At least not while I was at Bethel. >>> amac

You are going to love this one:

N.Y property class # 210 stands for One family Residence.

The Watchtower bought this residence in 09/30/1998 for the amount of $226,708. Tax free.

http://www.uspdr.com/Consumer/generaldisplay.asp?unikey=5152000990040000100060000000&class=210&swis=515200

So, amac, how many "humble" $226,708 residences do you own?

• amac
    amac

Gerard -

I can't believe you have enough time to waste digging up all this dirt on a religion that you are not and never were a part of. You must be bored. Well if you can spend all this time digging this up, I can at least spend a couple minutes shooting it down.

Property code is 555 (New York's real estate code for Outdoor Sport Activities) it is a Riding stable (taxt exempt) with a sale price of $2.4 million. Tell us, Were you invited to ride their horses when you were a bethelite?

This property is at 61 Adams St. I can't remember exactly what building is there, but being in the heart of Brooklyn Heights, I can guarantee you it is not a "Riding Stable" despite how it is listed in the NY Real Estate Database. Unless of course they are hiding all the horses and riding areas underground beneath a Brownstone or Office Building.

Oh! That explains their ownership of this $9 million dollar motel in NY: (Though they must spend a lot more on hookers so they had to buy a motel).

This building is up at the Farms in Walkill. There is no Sale price listed, and "Site Total Value" does not equal what the sale price was. Despite what it cost, do you know how many volunteers they have to house? I hardly imagine this as some high class resort for the "rich and wealthy" GB.
    And then turn around and buy a $17.8 million dollar "lodge" (Code 148) :

Again, 17.8 million is the TOTAL SITE VALUE, NOT the SALE PRICE. They did NOT BUY this "lodge" for 17.8 Mill, they BUILT it. I know this because I was at Bethel when they were building it. It is a residence building for the Brooklyn Bethel Volunteers at 90 Sands Street. Sorry, no vacation lodge for the rich GB here...just another dead end in your wild goose chase.

The Watchtower bought this residence in 09/30/1998 for the amount of $226,708. Tax free.
    So, amac, how many "humble" $226,708 residences do you own?

Not a bad price for a single residence on 2.7 acres. I paid a lot more for mine and I only get less than 0.5 acres. By the way, I only own one, and where I live, it is a humble residence. FYI, as you more than likely do not know this, there are a number of families that are volunteers at Bethel, so the WT owns a number of single residence buildings to house them. Nothing too strange or extravagent about that.

In conclusion, it cannot be denied that the WT brings in a ton of money and buys and sells a lot things to continue to make more money. However, there is nothing to back up your claims that the GB use this money for their personal wealth and betterment. Just because you find some dollar amounts in a half assed research attempt on the internet does not prove anything. As stated with all these properties, there are logical and practical uses for them. The WT has a record of being very shrewd in their real estate purchases....big deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit