The scariest ..

by Brummie 63 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Recently the movie that has creeped me out the most was "The Ring". That is one seriously messed up movie.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Aztec
    Aztec

"The ring" ...hides behind pr... scary!!!!!!Eeep!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yep, PR, "the Ring" is good - in a bad way... or is it bad in a good way??

I was surprised to learn that "The Ring" was the first of a four-part series of stories from Koji Suzuki of Japan. The next title in the series is "The Spiral," followed by "The Loop" and "The Birthday."

I wait for the movies usually. I'm visual.

"If you want something visual

that's not TOO abysmal,

we could take in an old Steve Reeves movie..."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Movies don't scare me. But let me tell ya, an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer scared the shiite out of me. It was entitled "Hush" and featured silent, gliding, heart eating ghouls called the Gentlemen. Talk about creepy!!! Take a look at these pics:

17hushAngel, Buffy and Riley

Hush - The Gentlemen

• myself
    myself

eewww Robdar, that looks like a cross between Jim Carey's The Mask movie and Michael Jackson's Thriller video

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey Robdar---the LAST Buffy is on Tuesday night! (tonight!)

and the scariest movie I ever saw was called The Shuttered Room and I was about 8 years old. OMG the dollhouse scene gave me terrors--I had a couple of dollhouses and my mom had one of them backed up against the night light so it would shine thru the windows---I swore the curtains moved and I could see shadows walking thru the house at night! here is a link:

http://www.britishhorrorfilms.co.uk/shutteredroom.shtml

Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte scared me too...OMG that head rolling down the stairs! And there was one other one that I just saw again recently--it was a third rate horror about a woman who got decapitated and her mad scientist husband kept her head alive in a jar and she talked telepathically to some other hideous monster in the closet and got it to break out and kill him.... And the original Fly movies! Help me Help meeeee.....

There was also one that I swear was called 'Incubus' when I saw it---but I have since found it and it was called something totally different(and I don't know how I would have come up with the name if it was not the name...????) but anyway it was about an Amish guy who leaves and takes a 'worldly' wife and brings her back to the community. All kinds of demonic murders take place, including his own, and they end up blaming it on some retarded man. It all seems to work out in the end after some scary-ass scenes, and then the credits start and you see the woman walk into her house and into her living room and then all of a sudden the floor opens up to a gaping view of Hell and some demon jumps out of the fiery pit and snags her and takes her down with him! Scared me to friggin death! And if you got up to leave at the credits you would have never known the movie ended that way!

ooo I like scary movies....my fave was night Gallery tho with Rod Serling

Ravyn

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The Ring was more disturbing than scarey to me.

The Exorcist was not scarey or disturbing at all, I laugh about how my daughter at times could have put Linda Blaire to shame in some of the tantrums she has pulled.

The one movie that really really bothered me was Jacob's Ladder,,,,,, I am not so sure why, but I felt that when I was watching it I was going to start seeing strange things. It really disturbed me , and still does .

Also I admit to watching Faces of Death which was really disturbing ......... I was a dub at the time and sure I probably had demons in my house for that sin.

• Mutz
    Mutz

The Exorcist had a part in my becoming a JW. I saw it when I was 17 and it really played on my mind. My mum, who was newly baptised and full of the usual 'newbie' zeal, was constantly running on about demons etc etc. I started to ask questions and there I was on the slippery slope. Now I realise that it was just a film, not real, not scary, just people acting. What really scares me is the thought of how so many, including myself, could beleive the utter bull taught by the Watchtower.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I'd have to say that "The Ring" is the most frightening movie I have watched in a while. Chris and I watched the Ring 2 from Japan and the idea was the same. But the American version of the first movie is terrifying in the respect that your kinda expecting the phone to ring once you have finished watching it.

I found The Exorcist really disturbing with the cross masterbation scene .. I found it really really disturbing even by todays standards

Did anyone else enjoy 6th Sense ? I like movies like that .. they rock .. Stir Of Echoes was good to!! OMG and we just watch Dragonfly not long ago ... that movie sent goosebumps around my body a few times and I cried my eyes out at the end.

I feel that hack em to peices movies just dont cut it forgive the pun .. Graphic violence has to fit in there but it has to be scary if you know what I mean .. I think The Others was a really good example of being scary without being gross.

monk3y

• greven
    greven

Robdar,

alt

"the resurrection turned out to be a little different then expected"

They look like JW's back from the grave.....lol

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit