Will You Stop Listening To Michael Jackson’s Music?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Frank Sinatra was a morally corrupt person yet you cannot deny nor ignore his gift as a singer.

I can separate the man or woman from their art.

If I decided to judge a person’s morals in order to enjoy music, arts or entertainment, I wouldn’t be enjoying too much of anything.

I think these quotes sum up my thinking very well

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree totally Smiddy, even when I was a JW I felt that the Art was something to be appreciated regardless of the shenanigans of the Artist.

It does seem though that a huge number of creative people leave a lot to be desired in their personal lives, do the two go together ? Creativity and a lack of morals ?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm really torn on this subject.

1. MJ was def a freaky weirdo.

2. He seems to be a victim of his JW upbringing, for sure. Also, he may have been molested himself.

3. Only (2) men have come forward with these allegations, out of the entire PLANET that MJ traveled, for DECADES. If he wanted to rape little boys, I don't see why he didn't do it in Bangkok or some other place where they wouldn't have cared at the time.

4. However, BOTH the men in the HBO documentary have received ZERO compensation in ANY FORM, for their work on this documentary. ZERO. So basically, they have NOTHING to gain, and EVERYTHING to lose!

5. McCauley Caulkin has repeatedly denied being molested by MJ. However, if he was, it sure would explain his drug/alcohol downward spiral that he went thru as a late teen/20's. He denies it, but as a celebrity himself I'm sure he wouldn't want it to get out.

6. That being said, other child celebrities who WERE abused by other Hollyweird types such as Corey Feldman, have claimed MJ was totally innocent and did not abuse them in any way. As Gung-Ho as Corey Feldman is about child abuse, if MJ was a Pedo, I think he'd be all over it.

7. MJ was brought to trial. He was found INNOCENT by a jury of his peers. I think if there was anything there, anything at all, a Jury would have hung his freaky skeleton from the flagpole out front the courthouse.

In conclusion, MJ is dead. He had a hard childhood, multiplied by the effects of a warped JW upbringing. Somehow, he managed to get thru that crap and make a huge success of himself. He gave generously to many charities, helped many people, and made great music. Dude could dance as well. I can't condemn a man based on (2) cases where no one backs up their claims. If anyone was truly "freaky", it was Rick James. MJ was a lightweight!!!

Let the man RIP, and enjoy his music for what it was.

• Simon
    Simon
    MJ was brought to trial. He was found INNOCENT by a jury of his peers. I think if there was anything there, anything at all, a Jury would have hung his freaky skeleton from the flagpole out front the courthouse.

Yeah, he was innocent ... in the same way that OJ was completely exonerated.

The US justice system wasn't able to cope with famous people. It seems to be changing now.

He seems to be a victim of his JW upbringing, for sure. Also, he may have been molested himself.

Being abused does not make someone an abuser and does not excuse someone being an abuser. If anything it makes it more reprehensible.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How much of this was a spell cast on Michael Jackson to act weird? I never saw that in Jackson around the time Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad came out. That is how they ruin careers--part of it is simple slander, and part of it is the black magic they put on him and then blame him for it.

And no, it didn't help that Jackson was a jokehovian witless for a while (until 1987). Maybe not that "strong in", but a jokehovian nonetheless (which doesn't exactly help one find one's soul). Then, he was looking into Islam, which is not that much better.

Less drastic was Prince, who was a devout Seventh Day Adventist before becoming a jokehovian witless. During his time as an Adventist, he became the father of the Explicit Lyrics label on your music. The song "Let's Pretend We're Married" contains the F word (the shorter single version doesn't, but the album version does). That was off 1999. Then, Purple Rain had a few "dirty" songs that created an uproar--and resulted in those warnings. And yes, drugs--that is what did him in in the end.

These are prime examples of how jokehovianism is not good for the soul. Even having a lot of money and fame is not going to protect one from the devastating effect xianity and islam have on your soul. Throw in a little black magic from someone that doesn't like it when we have good music, and you can ruin a person's soul. And they did a pretty good job at ruining Michael Jackson's career after the Bad album was made.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Wing Commander:
    However, BOTH the men in the HBO documentary have received ZERO compensation in ANY FORM, for their work on this documentary. ZERO. So basically, they have NOTHING to gain, and EVERYTHING to lose!

Both men tried to sue Jackson's estate. They lost. The documentary has the appearance of a response to not receiving a favorable outcome in court.

After years of defending the singer, a man named Wade Robson came forward with allegations in 2013, followed by another man, James Safechuck, only a few months later in early 2014.
    Through the same lawyer, both men sued the Jackson estate, claiming that the singer had molested them when they were children, between the late ’80s and early ’90s. Both cases were dismissed in 2017.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4911997/michael-jackson-sexual-abuse-allegations-timeline/

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's not a big leap to think that Jackson wanted some sort of physical affection from young boys. He was a grown man who wanted the company of young boys, that is a fact. That alone is suspicious. It's also a fact that he made a point of sleeping in the same bed with them when possible.

I'm sure he wanted physical contact just like any other person and it makes sense that it would be with whoever he was most comfortable with -- the young boys.

The most laughable part of this, is his family being interviewed on TV saying that MJ was totally innocent. How do they know? There are men who abuse their own daughters without the wives every noticing, and they live in the same house.

• blondie
    blondie

As far as I know, Sinatra did not sexually abuse or molest children.

I met an elder who had recently moved to my congregation who had been on the BOE of the congregation that attended MJ's congregation while MJ was attending there. The sleepovers were of concern, but they did not investigate very closely (par for the course in the WTS at that time). This elder did not doubt that something was going on but he was outvoted by the other elders. That elder felt that MJ's celebrity status and money may have played a part in that as well as protecting the WTS reputation.

I remember when the Thriller video came out in 1984, that MJ ended up privately being asked to apologize for that/repent? and later disassociated himself (if I have some incorrect details, let me know)

I don't know if any of MJ's victims were jws either, not that it matters but the WTS might have not cared, being only concerned when the victims were jws or children of jws.

Many people have listened to some singers knowing of their background, from a long gone era, Cole Porter was gay and the original word in one of his songs was cocaine, not champagne. Current example, the pending case of R. Kelly. I feel it is a personal decision.

Blondie

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    MJ was brought to trial. He was found INNOCENT by a jury of his peers.

That doesn't mean much. I served in a jury and one of the most impressive things of my experience was the whole dynamic of how each juror reaches a decision. About one third of Jurors were more interested in deciding quickly so they can go home, and most of the others quickly acquiesced to the most vocal and dominant jurors. The entire group was basically a slice of the human "salad" that walks the streets. Morons, diluted with idiots, with the odd rational person or two mixed in.

Even though the jury system we have in the US seems to work for the most part, it really is incredibly flawed. I know in some countries they use a panel of judges (3 or more) to arrive at a decision.

• minimus
    minimus

Nearly every family member will defend another member accused of a crime. That’s a pretty natural response.

Like I mentioned before, I’m not convinced MJ was a pedophile. I’ve seen many people accused of a crime with no absolute proof.

Do I think Michael Jackson was a weirdo?? Yes! He was brilliant and odd . I’m skeptical of the accusers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit