Will You Stop Listening To Michael Jackson’s Music?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Frank Sinatra was a morally corrupt person yet you cannot deny nor ignore his gift as a singer. Yes, separate I can.

• a watcher
    a watcher

No. My favorite: Man in the Mirror.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Cofty: He was so obviously guilty.

So, what was so obvious about it? That he liked spending time with kids? That is automatically equal to being a pedophile? What about everyone who work in the children entertainment industry?

• cofty
    cofty

steph - It would take too long and it was too long ago to recall all the details, but at the time of the trial I was convinced of his guilt. IMO the prosecutor lost it by piling too many weak pieces of evidence into the trail which obscured the important facts.

No adult takes an unrelated child into their bed for innocent reasons. His carefully practiced naivety and innocent facade was bullshit. He was a predator.

• cofty
    cofty

By the way lots of celebrities are bad people for all sorts of reasons. Of course it is sensible to separate the person from the art, but a predatory pedophile is too much.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Cofty, you do realize that the court case was reported to you through the media, that you weren't sitting in the court room? The jury deliberated for about 32 hours over seven days, do you seriously believe that they would not have been able to sort out the small details with the important facts?

My point is that I would not call it "obvious".

• cofty
    cofty

No adult takes an unrelated child into their bed for innocent reasons.

The jury obviously felt that the legal burden of proof had not been met. I was completely convinced he was a sexual predator.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

On Robson and Safechuck docu?. No. No I won't.

• blondie
    blondie

I have never listened to Michael Jackson's music unless it is background for a commercial or a restaurant etc. We listen to CDs in the car where we can control the music.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

I don't know - he is dead, money doesn't go in his pocket, and I love so many of his songs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit