Will You Stop Listening To Michael Jackson’s Music?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Wealth has nothing to do with it. If someone is gifted in whatever their profession is, it is what it is.

• minimus
    minimus

I do believe that weirdos like MJ may not do what “ normal “ people do or think . Having said that o am not convinced he was a pedo He might have been but I think he was jus a maljusted person.

• Della Street
    Della Street

If the world stopped admiring all the artists who were immoral in some way, there would be almost no art.

People are not all good or all bad. That is immature thinking that the WT encourages. However, healthy thinking can hold someone as both good and bad and form an opinion.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Child entertainers have no childhood. JW kids have no childhood. Add in an abusive father (he'd watch his children rehearse with a belt in hand, ready to punish any mistake) and a mother pushing abusive JW dogma (developing minds filled with visions of Apocalypse), is anyone surprised that Michael Jackson turned into an abuser? Can anyone say with certainty that they would have turned out differently?

Will I stop listening to him? I haven't purposely played him in a long time so I can't take a position either way. I do know I won't be purging my collection of all things Jackson because of the controversy.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I was never a MJ fan, but like his voice and some of the songs he sings. He probably was guilty of pedophilia but I don't think it will negatively effect me to stop listening to his recordings.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Although I don't buy music anymore. If you know what a torrent is why buy?

• careful
    careful

The question presupposes that I ever listened to his music to begin with. I never have.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Can you imagine if we help Winston Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Moth er Theresa and various other lowdown men and women to this standard... lol.

Humans are generally deplorable people... yet these same deplorable people create/do great things in other avenues of life.

I can Appreciate those great things and abhor those bad things. It is very easy

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    A court of his pears choose the second option.
    Really, what were the parents of these kids thinking? Maybe too busy cashing cheques and enjoying their new lavish lifestyles to really do what was best for their children.

Well, if a child is abused and justice isn't done, maybe cash can help give them some opportunities they wouldn't have had otherwise. Provided the parents invest in into their children.

• Simon
    Simon
    Well, if a child is abused and justice isn't done, maybe cash can help give them some opportunities they wouldn't have had otherwise. Provided the parents invest in into their children.

So if a 40 year old man wants to sleep with your child, you think "yup, totally legit - no way it's weird or anything".

Really? On what planet is it normal. It's normalized because he was a freaky fucker which made it seem normal ... like what a crazy freaky pop star would do.

Not. Normal. At. All.

He was a weirdigan and acted eccentrically to make his weird behavior seem normal, just like Jimmy Saville. It stopped people questioning the behavior ... "oh, it's just Michael being Michael, he's so weird isn't he!". No, he was a pedo.

Plain as the nose on his face ... erm, I mean, chin ... oh, it's fallen off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit