Does the W.T have financial problems are are they just rebranding?

by The Rebel 54 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

It is evident that the W.T has recently re-branded itself, and has become fairly modern in its marketing techniques. So the organisation is in that respect forward thinking, and the former way of doing things has past.

But this rebranding has been done by marketing experts, who maybe realise progress is progress, and that with modernisation many bethelites " even as free volunteers" are possibly no longer required. Therefore :-

A) They may realise rebranding will result in many leaving the organisation.

B) And surely the money they will now loose in donations would have covered the bethelites expenses?

So could this down sizing be the W.T taking the long term view, as part of its rebranding strategy? And if the the old way of doing things is over, then maybe it's good business to have a mass exodus, in order to complete the rebranding?

The Rebel.

• cognac
    cognac
    They are having financial problems. This is not a rebranding thing.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    The begging has become more, the financial schemes are emphasized.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Your probably right guys, they are having financial problems.

But letting go of long serving " bethalites, who are not even employed but volunteers is sending a message, that will surely wake many up to the realisation that that the society has no honour. This seems very drastic, as it will loose both members and contributions.

I am obviously missing something, and answers would be welcomed.

The Rebel.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder if we really are witnessing the beginning of the collapse of the watchtower.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

For an organisation that is built on " reputation" letting go of bethelites does seem a public image disaster.

a) The message has to be this is a business decision.

b) And is letting go of " Volunteers" such a cost saving measure.

c) And the exercise in my opinion will effect contributions.

The Rebel.

• done4good
    done4good

It is difficult to say to what degree, (since they are not obligated to open their books in most countries), but they are having troubles for sure. Authoritarian organizations like the WT do not willingly expose their weaknesses, unless they are in a desperate situation. Either they are in immediate financial trouble, or are anticipating imminent trouble.

Something is very, very broken in WT land. I would love to know what it is.

d4g

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TheRebel:
    I am obviously missing something, and answers would be welcomed.

The restructuring of Bethel workers, etc has everything to do with falling in line with allowable tax exemptions under charity law.

The WTS will do whatever is necessary in order to hold onto their precious tax exempt status.

• done4good
    done4good

OrphanCrow - The WTS will do whatever is necessary in order to hold onto their precious tax exempt status.

Probably closest to the truth. Losing that status would not be sustainable for their business model, (they didn't go to a "donation" arrangement willingly in 1990 either. They had to). Any reinvestment profits for capital use, or even having enough cash flow to cover operating expenses would be erased by taxation. It's simple math. Most non/not for profits, (if all is good), run somewhere in the 2-6% reinvestment profit range. Capital gains all by itself at 15%, (in the US), would kill them off. Add real estate taxes, personal property taxes, etc., and they would would go out of business overnight.

Religion is a business, make no mistake. That business only works when tax-free.

d4g

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

done4good (A) " Something is very broken in the watchtower land. I would love to know what it is?"

The Rebel. ( A) Royal commissions, child abuse payouts, the Internet, over-lapping generations...I could go on all day,

Anyway I think the organisation realise the past way of doing things is over, that in lands of prosperity householders know longer believe the bible is the word of God.

So I would bring in an outside marketing company, and say " we are paying out large settlements in child abuse settlements, we have blood doctrine that could go the same way, and the Internet is showing us up for " The business lead organisation we are". Therefore how would you solve this and protect our, property, money and image?

And my unqualified advice would be, let's get the problems you will face in 5 years time out the way today, and start again.

The Rebel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit