Did you think this was it for the Watchtower-(Covid)- Well-They are coming back with even greater ZEAL!

by pistolpete 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

So you all probably heard that the Awake magazine is back,

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=g&yearFilter=

and one of my Jw relatives said they were told by some elders that meetings and field service will resume before the end of the year.

They said this Covid Virus was a test, like when the Romans breached Jerusalem and retreated, only to come back later and sack Jerusalem.

So this is not the time to slack off like the Jews that stayed in Jerusalem and decided to just live a normal life.

A normal life at this time will lead to EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION.

1 Thess. 5:3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them

Now is not the time to focus on Education, Entertainment, and Work, retirement, etc, but now is the time to exert onself and enter the full time service, brothers to reach out for Ministerial servant and Elder, and those studying to get baptized.

The next crisis will not be a Virus pandemic-----but the great tribulation.

https://i.redd.it/dcp0qlf2lj131.jpg

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    They said this Covid Virus was a test, like when the Romans breached Jerusalem and retreated, only to come back later and sack Jerusalem.

This where I would ask, "So, when it does not come back, what does that mean?"

It is also irritating to see the Watchtower portray the Great Tribulation as SWAT officers rounding up JWs from their homes. SWAT is deployed after a threat assessment. Arresting a group of people who likely have no weapons, weapons training, and are self-proclaimed pacifists hardly meets the threshold to deploy a SWAT team.

Further, even the Watchtower has a talk outline defining the difference between trials, tribulation, and persecution. What appears in Watchtower publications, like the painting above, is persecution. The Bible states it will be a Great Tribulation like none before. Tribulations affect all people. Natural disasters, man made disasters, famine, and plagues are tribulations.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

This where I would ask, "So, when it does not come back, what does that mean?"

And the answer you would get is;---

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Hi Pistolpete

Who is the 'They'?

"They said this Covid Virus was a test..."

"They" as in a few random elders or are you getting some reliable intel from the chariot in NY?

Thanks! :-) they definitely always know how to spin ANYTHING to fit their narrative.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "They said this Covid Virus was a test, like when..."

Yah...and the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 was just a test as well! :) :) :)

• Overrated
    Overrated

That sucks! These idiots will be back knocking on doors again soon looking for recruit$ for their fantasy land. Got to turn off my doorbell and put up my sign.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Now is not the time to focus on Education, Entertainment, and Work, retirement, etc, but now is the time to send us all your hard-earned $$$$$. Now back to work you worthless slackers!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Greater pushing slave driving from mom. I know very few who are looking forward to pounding on doors again

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

"They" as in a few random elders

Didn't the Revelation Book say that the elders are the STARS IN THE HAND OF JESUS

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/03/88/93/038893037d2a419f5275d77f76f59f31--book-of-revelations-follow-jesus.jpg

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

:This kind of rhetoric is the stuff of the cult that I left. It wasn't that hard to come up with, but it would be what was expected of them. And they have let the people down so often, so it's about time they get back on their game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit