Did you think this was it for the Watchtower-(Covid)- Well-They are coming back with even greater ZEAL!

by pistolpete 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asp59
    asp59
    JW zoom meetings have really given the phrase "Turn on, tune in, drop out" a new meaning 😁
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    JWTom: "our congregation is probably 70% no camera and actually about 80% never comment unless they have a meeting part, are reading or giving a prayer."

The congregation I visit has approximately 150 in attendance with about 80 zoom frames...close to 60% of the zoom video frames are turned-off.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    a recent CO visit where the direction was to lighten up on asking people to have their cameras on when in a Zoom meeting....

This is a sizeable chuck of JWs content to 'mail-it-in', and WT itself is leaving to door open such - knowing full well what that sizeable chunk is apt to do.

To me, this doesn't signal a zealous resumption of operations. Actually, its quite the opposite.

So very much of the JW life is lateral enforcement of the rules via the circular firing-squad of JW association.

Where does this leverage go when the WT goes internet-heavy (only?!). A couple of assemblies every year won't substitute for KH attendance, but I'm glad that the WT is stupid enough to think it might.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hot-damn...meant this video-off image in my previous post instead of mic-off image...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "JWs seemingly have an answer for everything... Major disasters anywhere in the world .Its proof we are living in the last days... World powers rattling swords against each other... Ditto... An influx of baptism candidates at some convention .Its a sign of Jehovah's blessing on the org... When its pointed out that the work is slowing down and many are leaving .Its proof we are living in the last days because the Bible says 'the love of the greater number will cool off in the last days'..."

"Everything is proof we're right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seriously, though, I really do think that Covid has been a huge boon in helping the Org "manage the decline".

• Gorb
    Gorb

Sect.

I hate it more and more.

Gorby

• hybridous
    hybridous
    Seriously, though, I really do think that Covid has been a huge boon in helping the Org "manage the decline".

Absolutely! COVID serves a real-life, independently verifiable crisis - relatable to folks both within the religion, and without!

WT didn't have to march out another half-baked prophetic interpretation to sell the brothers and sisters on why WT CORP is taking on water. COVID is a real thing, disrupting all facets of life.

It gives the WT far-reaching cover for explaining the faltering organization. They will, of course, outrun their cover - as we know, the WT ORG's problems have nothing to do with COVID.

I am strongly suspecting another aggressive round of KH/property liquidation. They simply can't pass up the opportunity to glean this capital under cover of the COVID excuse.

• asp59
    asp59

Agree. They can really play out the 'we love the brotherhood so much and worse virus it on the way. Let's sell out everything and go online' card. They gonna milk this one.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If they go totally on line. It will be the end of them. There is simply no better substitute for face to face interaction. It’s how God designed us, and if wt thinks differently then they are dead wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit