Did you think this was it for the Watchtower-(Covid)- Well-They are coming back with even greater ZEAL!

by pistolpete 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Cults spin every disaster to their advantage

• minimus
    minimus

So, has this been verified?

• asp59
    asp59

Strange thing everytime there's a catastrophe or some thing happening in the world, ex jws or inactive ones return to org. Seems this time it's not happening. Shows org has lost power and grip. I'm sorry for all of you that love this org. But it's never coming back. Last best years were back beginning 90 s. The golden year's are over.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

JW`s seemingly have an answer for everything.

Major disasters anywhere in the world .Its proof we are living in the last days

World powers rattling swords against each other.... Ditto

An influx of baptism candidates at some convention .Its a sign of Jehovahs blessing on the org.

When its pointed out that the work is slowing down and many are leaving .Its proof we are living in the last days because the Bible says "the love of the greater number will cool off in the last days"

Whats that saying ? "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Zeal can soon disappear, when the pointless reality of "Witnessing" by the methods they now use seeps through in the consciousness of a JW.

Covid has brought people face to face with the reality that they must not waste their lives.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Sure... the remaining Jws will double number of doors they bang.... to see less than half the result they had in the past... no matter what they say or do..... The numbers will continue to decline.... its written on the wall.... of the park restroom.

mene mene call my number tekum

• hybridous
    hybridous
    Zeal can soon disappear, when the pointless reality of "Witnessing" by the methods they now use seeps through in the consciousness of a JW.
    Covid has brought people face to face with the reality that they must not waste their lives.

This is really poignant.

I would really challenge any notion that the JWs will return their 'normal' + extra zealous D-2-D campaign.

The staying power of any new enthusiasm is rightly questioned. What new message and/or benefits is the WT offering its adherents?

Should the Tower dare to make this move, we just need a modicum of patience to see this thing bottom out worse than before.

COVID reveals to us that the Tower doesn't believe its own nonsense.

• hoser
    hoser

The last 10 to 15 years door to door has been pathetic. No one wants to do it. It’s driving around putting in time gossiping about brother not reaching out and sister got herself an education.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    The last 10 to 15 years door to door has been pathetic. No one wants to do it. It’s driving around putting in time gossiping about brother not reaching out and sister got herself an education.

Yes, this dynamic is what's driving my opinion.

The COVID break may serve as an opportunity for WT Corporate, but I think it might've served as a derailing for the 'religion'.

Given the COVID-inspired break from KH attendance and formal field service, did the lack of field service make JWs miss that activity...?

...or perhaps stumble upon the clue of how much more comfortable life is...without it?

So much easier to stand by a literature cart and talk to NOBODY!

Are there really any JWs left who think this 'religion' is worth advertising?

• JWTom
    JWTom

Me (PIMO) and the PIMI wife have heard nothing about anything returning to normal related to meetings, field service or assemblies. There is an update thread on Reddit about a recent CO visit where the direction was to lighten up on asking people to have their cameras on when in a Zoom meeting.....this will mean almost no one has camera on....our congregation is probably 70% no camera and actually about 80% never comment unless they have a meeting part, are reading or giving a prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit