Geoffrey Jackson goatiegate Part 2

by Tahoe 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Happiness is the freedom to grow facial hair.

How do I look now?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

beard or no beard he still looks like an asshole

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

The Great Tribulation is nigh! The Governing Body is taking the lead in 'separating the sheep from the goatees'.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Complain when we couldn't have facial hair, complain and make fun when it is allowed. This group is not reformable apparently.

The issue isn't that they now allow it, which is a positive thing! The problem lies in their failure to apologize for the past. Ideally, a statement that would acknowledge the mistake, expressing regret for imposing such a ridiculous teaching for so long.

It could read something like this: "In hindsight, the faithful slave deeply regrets enforcing such a ridiculous teaching for such an extended period. We acknowledge that it took us too long to rectify this situation, and the delay became increasingly shameful over time, making it harder to change our stance. Today, we muster the courage to say: Sorry. We extend our heartfelt apologies to all the brothers who possess facial traits more suitable for beards. We understand the difficulty, especially since some of our own members share these traits. This entire situation was a mess, and we genuinely apologize."

Such a statement would be more respectable, unlike the current approach of changing the rule without expressing any remorse. This behavior is far from the humility expected of Christians, and it sparks a fire on this board when significant changes are made without a hint of repentance.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Expanding on the thoughts in StephaneLalibertes post: ..."Contrary to the opinion of many worldlings, apology is not a sign of weakness. It is a power that can shatter barriers to unity. It is a sign of the practicing of righteousness. The heart filled with love and humility benefits from the power of apology." - The Watchtower June 15, 1961 pp. 355-356 (Italics mine) The Governing Body stresses UNITY, UNITY, UNITY and yet they miss the point of their own counsel. Had they been humble over the years in admitting their mistakes that have been made, perhaps they could have retained a larger number of members who would be glad to support an HONEST and TRUTHFUL religion and would not now have to dream up ways to keep members from defecting.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

So I think it looks good on him. It’s amazing how quickly a GB member grew one. Wow, I mean that shows that even at their level they are captives to WT BS. He probably wanted to wear one for a long time but couldn’t in order to be an “example.”

@StephaneLaliberte you are SO right!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    they could have retained a larger number of members who would be glad to support an HONEST and TRUTHFUL religion and would not now have to dream up ways to keep members from defecting.

Honesty would certainly keep more people in. In hindsight, perhaps they could have managed to keep me in with honesty. And yet, honesty doesn't equate truthful. You can honestly be wrong about things. That's where the expression "Honest mistake" comes from!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I personally think it suites him. Hey, power to the guy!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

I’m still in shock, if it’s indeed real. Three pictures could be fake.

Are there any other pictures? It must have taken weeks to grow that much, how did it not leak out until now with so many PIMOs at bethel?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Someone was overheard to say:

'If he can grow a goatee that quick, imagine what the hair on his ass is like!!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit