Geoffrey Jackson goatiegate Part 2

by Tahoe 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

The SKE? He is still in the business? Doesn't look too sad to me. Will he be restored to being a GB somebody? He is giving a talk by the looks of it.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Disgruntled. My big laugh (guffaw( of the day. "The Great Tribulation is nigh! The Governing Body is taking the lead in 'separating the sheep from the goatees'.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Praise Jah for this new light !

This is undeniable proof that this is God's organization!!!!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    The SKE? He is still in the business? Doesn't look too sad to me. Will he be restored to being a GB somebody? He is giving a talk by the looks of it.

Are you confusing Geoffrey Jackson with Anthony Morris?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A slight moderation for accuracy

Of course the Governing Body does not prohibit beards in North America. As evidence, Geoffrey Jackson has actually been sporting a goatee of late.

The Great Tribulation is nigh! The Governing Body is no longer taking the lead in 'separating the sheep from the goatees'.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Rockin' that goatee, he reminded me a bit of the veteran musician Peter Gabriel...

On a more serious note... if this is real, it's interesting he's grown a beard so soon. Was it simply the "set the lead" for the congregations to show that it's ok now, or is this in fact an indication that Jackson was always against the "no beard" nonsense? (For the record, I agree with StephaneLaliberte that the fuss about beards was always ridiculous.)

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

My underlying thought for the previous comment is, could this quick adoption of facial hair (if genuine) be an indication that Jackson is actually one of the key players behind a lot of the major organisational changes lately?

He's been a more low-profile character in recent years, compared to the likes of Sanderson (and of course the always-OTT Lett, who seemed back to his previous form of exaggerated delivery with his recent broadcast justifying the beard change), and as a result not many have considered him a significant 'power behind the throne', but perhaps this is a sign that Jackson is actually more influential in tearing up the old GB1.0 rulebook than had been assumed? (And possibly also more responsible for the dumping of AMIII, too?)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I do feel these changes have been the result of ToMo getting the chop. He was what was holding up change.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Ohh yes I was, that beard took my breath away for a second

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

He draws the short straw and grows it out…

…it turns out to be a major improvement and gets compliments up the wazoo…

…and he wonders why the FUCK didn’t they make this call sooner???

😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit