I'm interested in discussing basic JW doctrines that you believe are unscriptural

by AlainAlam 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

waton Aha yes thank you!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Virtually every doctrine unique to JWs doesn't hold up when examined anywhere but their own controlled setting. A prime example would be one you mentioned, the 'paradise earth'.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5752455104036864/pimo-reverse-witnessing-samples-presentation-1-earthly-hope

The same goes for 'the last days' and many more

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4999677662461952/pimo-reverse-witnessing-sample-presentation-2-last-days-door-door-preaching

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

neat blue dog, I've seen the Paradise Earth one, but I must disagree. The Bible is filled with verses about an Earthly paradise. Is 25 explicitly talks about the Earth. Rv 21 speaks of Jerusalem "descending", so it's easy to argue it's descending on Earth to bless it, Mt 6.10-like. Let me know if you think I'm missing something.

I'll check the other one right away!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the forum AlainAlam!

Every doctrine that is unique to Jehovah's Witnesses is in fact extra-biblical.

Here are a number of examples

1. that their leaders somehow represent the Faithful and Wise Servant

2. that the book of Revelation is about them

3. that Jesus presence (parousia) began in 1914

4. that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE

5. that there are two classes of Christians (anointed and non-anointed)

6. that only faithful Jehovah Witnesses have a scriptural hope of surviving Armageddon.

7. that the name Jehovah is in the New Testament

8. that making God's name known involves telling people God's name is Jehovah.

9. that whole blood transfusions are outlawed in scripture.

10. that something scripturally significant happened in 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925 or 1975

11. that the tribulation spoken about in Matthew 24 is future

12. that WTS leaders can interpret Bible prophecy

13. that less than 150,000 faithful Christians existed prior to the 20th century

14. that only 144,000 people have a heavenly calling.

15. that 8 men in New York have been given the exclusive mandate and ability to interpret scripture.

16. that only Jehovah's Witnesses are real Christians

17. that "this generation" in Matthew 24:34 does not mean the generation Jesus was manifest in

18. that the 1914 generation is still with us

• cofty
    cofty

The watchtower's prohibition against blood transfusions are also based on a misunderstanding of the bible.

Short version - The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

Longer version - My Explanation of Why They Got it Wrong About Blood Using Only the NWT..

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome to the forum Alain.

My "wake-up call" was the JW dogma that Romans 6:7 refers to a person's physical death:

Watchtower May 15th 1982, pp. 8,9 - "The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed."

Bible Teach p. 214 par. 3 - "..the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died......Those resurrected thus come to life with a clean slate, so to speak."

The surrounding verses - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, & 11 overwhelmingly prove that Paul was describing how a sinner is figuratively dying - to their former way of life.

Unwittingly, JW's are repudiating Matthew 26:28: "...for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins."

They believe that ceasing to breathe wipes out a person's sins - no need for Christ.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Jehovah's Witnesses kill off more of their followers every year then Jim Jones managed to do in one night. Jim Jones was a drug induced criminal who saw death as the way out of this world. So does the Governing Body.

The Governing body favors death for their followers...for want of a blood transfusion.....over sane medical practices. They are criminals in my opinion.

With their 'end time' beliefs the JW's are a certifiable death cult. It's all about them being right and looking forward to the death of 8 billion people who are not JW's.....well before their time.

Eating or drinking blood is separate from a blood transfusion. A blood transfusion is not eating it's a transplant. But like every doctrine the WT has favored they are wrong because they support an answer before any proof is looked at. Being wrong on this scale is deadly.

According to the Pew Religious Survey .......The divorce rate for JW's is 11% which is the same as most Christian religions.

The higher educational religion of the JW's is the lowest of those religions surveyed. It's high school and out (pioneering).

Even the Society sent out a letter calling for volunteers who had a college background.

WTF!

67% of JW born-ins stop identifying as JW's compared to 30% of Mormons.

Being a JW is being in a dead end religion. The hope it offers is building a paradise (the bible never mentions 'Paradise earth') over the bones of Billions of innocent people.

Like it or not not those Billions are not going to be resurrected......just as we've never heard from Jesus again for over 2000 years.

AA you need to grow up. Reworking Bible crap is never any good. Go get an education.

Get some fresh thinking in your life....there is nothing worth while in the bible unless your prone to be anti human.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    There is nothing unusual about the JW dream requiring the death of billions. In fact it is extremely charitable and loving compared to most of conservative christianity and islam (and other tankers??) requiring the eternal torment of far more billions. Humanism of JW☺️
  • AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Vanderhoven7 but the book of Revelation IS about JW :P

Thank you for your post!

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

cofty, I just read both your posts on blood. They're an eye opener. These are exactly what I'm looking for. I should (and will) read more of your posts. Thank you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit