PIMO reverse witnessing samples presentation #1: Earthly hope

by neat blue dog 26 Replies latest members campaign

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The idea is to have field service practice with a relative/friend, and play a hard to get householder, using it as an opportunity to reverse witness. Here's a sample presentation ๐Ÿ˜œ:

JW > them

PIMO > you

JW: Hi good morning, my name is ______ and I'm visiting my neighbors today with a message of hope for the future. Can I share a scripture with you?

PIMO: Sure.

JW: Rev. 21:3,4 says "The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away". Isn't that a comforting thought?

PIMO: Yes, I'm already a Christian, so I expect to go to heaven.

JW: But did you notice that this scripture is talking about earth? Notice that it says "mankind" and "death will be no more". Now, has death ever existed in heaven?

PIMO: No. That's why there won't be death for us anymore. Look at Isaiah 25:8, "He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces. The reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, For Jehovah himself has spoken it."

JW: Exactly. This scripture shows the earthly hope also.

PIMO: Are you sure?

JW: Yes.

PIMO: So you agree that this scripture is quite clearly a parallel of Rev. 21:3,4? Let's look at 1 Cor. 15:54, "when this which is corruptible puts on incorruption and this which is mortal puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will take place: โ€œDeath is swallowed up forever." So immortality. Who is this talking about?

JW: Those with the heavenly hope.

PIMO: So Paul is saying that this scripture in Isaiah, that mentions no more death, as well as physical things like tears, faces, people and Earth is fulfilled in the heavenly resurrection? Look, even the cross reference in your Bible connects the two.

JW: Jesus said that there were other sheep who would join his fold. That means those would live on Earth.

PIMO: Well, almost all Bible scholars understand that to be talking about Gentiles who would soon have the opportunity to be baptized as Christians. Are you baptized?

JW: Of course! I'm a Christian!

PIMO: That's interesting, because notice what Paul said about you her at Room. 6:3, "do you not know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?" He says ALL of us. Now verse 5, "If we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will CERTAINLY also be united with him in the likeness of his resurrection." In what body was Jesus resurrected?

JW: -

PIMO: That's okay I'll say it, he was raised as a spirit.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

mic drop

Well done.

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

I've thought about doing this for a while, and love the idea. If I ever have a part in the CLAM, I will do something like this. Tired of seeing the same boring presentations that are completely unrealistic.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

UpHey javierjiminy, that's a great idea too:

When you have a CLAM presentation, have your householder give some good rebuttals, and then you give some pretty weak comebacks.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Wow! I love the way you connect Revelation 21:3,4 with Isaiah 25:8 and 1 Corinthians 15:54 to utterly demolish the JW fantasy that Revelation 21:3,4 has to be talking about an earthly hope. I had not seen or thought of that before. I will definitely remember this.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Don't want to rain on your parade, but JWs believe the all the Christians in the first century were in fact anointed. So, Paul, went Paul said: "ALL of us", he was in fact telling that to the anointed.

I know it doesn't make sense, but it doesn't need to make sense for them to believe it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

StephaneLaliberte

Yeah I guess they could spin it that way. That's why I focus on, not just the "all of us" part, but what he's actually saying, "all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus ", basically, 'if you're a baptized Christian, then this applies to you'.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I prefer remaining POMO.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

scratchme1010

Not sure I catch your drift . . . ๐Ÿ˜…

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    That's why I focus on, not just the "all of us" part, but what he's actually saying, "all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus ", basically, 'if you're a baptized Christian, then this applies to you'.

In JW world, "Baptized into Christ Jesus" mentioned in Romans 6:3 doesn't mean the water baptism taken during the assemblies and conventions. Rather it is time when a person becomes anointed by the holy spirit. Getting baptized by water and getting baptized by the holy spirit are many times done on separate occasions. Many of Jesus disciples were baptized in water byJohn but were later anointed by Holy Spirit in 33 CE. Cornelius was anointed first and baptized later.

Thus, JW's do not apply this scripture to all the teens and new converts that get baptized during the conventions. Hence "all of us baptized into Christ Jesus" is just another term for "all of us who are anointed".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit