How long has it been since you have seen your family?

by Christian Gutierrez 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

29 years since I've spoken to my mom in person....a handful of telephone calls regarding medical issues. It has never bothered me much, because I left the jws to save my life.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Almost 2yrs...last saw that at my annual family reunion, where they would walk right by me and not say 1 word - in front of everyone. 😥

• blondie
    blondie

babygirl30, what did your non-jw relatives do or say? I hope they did not imitate their jw relatives.

I had a situation like that come up, the non-jws outnumbered the jws but the jws expected them to shun me too (not df'd ever). I am thankful that my non-jw relatives told them that if they did not want to talk to me, that THEY could leave. Quietly though to the side. It was making things uncomfortable for the non-jws. The jws did leave.

Actually, from what I have read on JWN, many jws avoid or shun their non-jw relatives after they become jws. My family didn't do that, we still socialized with them and did not judge them.

What we do now is just stick with the non-jw relatives that love us and show it and don't put up with the jw shenanigans.

But I understand how it hurts.

Love, Blondie

• fukitol
    fukitol

A long long time. And it still hurts and sucks. Hardest part about being an ex-JW.

May the Watchtower Society and GB rot in hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit