How long has it been since you have seen your family?

by Christian Gutierrez 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Christian....I always tell my husband that our former "friends" should wonder what we say about them. Two can play at that game . lol

It's all in how YOU look at it. ha ha

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's been 10 months for me, but feels a lot longer.

Unfortunately, i came from a "good" JW family that lovingly cut off all association with their own non-JW family, so i don't even know who my non JW cousins/aunts/uncles are.

It sucks discovering the real world with absolutely no one. Trying to meet people and make friends but it's weird when they ask who my friends are because i dont have any. And when they ask about family... i don't have any.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hi Christian

I was with my parents just this evening and next weekend they will come with me to be with my son. I am divorced and spend every second weekend with him.

They do that, even though I was disfellowshipped for apostasy and they are good members of their JW congregation. We respect each others beliefs and every thing goes well.

I am proud of them, that they go against the shunning rules, even openly showing that.

I feel very much for all those of you who are not in such a lucky position. I think of you.

I am very happy to be able to freely live according to my conscience. That I am officially out of the org is a great thing for me.

And Christian and Katja, I love your videos. You are such a help for doubting JWs but also for those like me who already left. Thank you.

Love from Switzerland

Dani

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Mom don't talk to me anymore since she found out we walked away. My sister keeps asking me what my "status" is???? All our J-Dub friends abandoned us years ago. They really don't matter now anyways as we have made friends since then.

Family that aren't dubs have been great! They took us back in like nothing ever happened. We hadn't had much contact with them in almost twenty years but we got together with a few at a time, explained our situation and they were very understanding.

• search
    search

2 years, 7 months, 10 days

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

About 6 years (ones in the truth) and the others just last week.

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

That's right Toesup

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Hi Daniel1555, I am so happy to hear that your family doesn't shun you. They truly have a real heart. I hope you are living life to the fullest and can continue to just be you. Cheers!

• blondie
    blondie

As I said above, 17 years for me, they had distanced themselves from me for ten years before that, very judgmental of me and many others. Being a pioneer and my husband an elder was not good enough for them. Some of them have changed congregations about every five years because the congregation was no longer spiritual enough for them, dropping all their old "friends." Finally they moved out of state and cut contact with the last of those in their last congregation. Reinvented themselves and moved 2,000 miles away and found new congregation to their standards. Through a non-jw family member, I understand the bloom is off again and they are hunting for another place where no one knows their past behavior. They are finding out how small the Borg can be.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    2 years, 7 months, 10 days.

Methinks Search needs a great big

Love.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit