How long has it been since you have seen your family?

by Christian Gutierrez 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Howdy guys! So how long has it been since you have seen your jw family or friends? Or do you even care to have them in your life anymore? Cheers :)

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

My parents still in my life so a few weeks ago. My sister and friends, best friends, 6 years. Sucks! I don't care much about the congregation association, while I enjoyed and love everyone, they don't pull at my heart. I miss my sister and her family, especially now with my nephew having his first kid. But they only solution is GB finds old new light again (back to the 40's with the KM on how excommunication is a demonic mind fk) and lifts the shun or I go back in which I'll never do because of the lying and manipulation of the doctrine. It's really objectively a personality cult. I can't fake it and they'd all know just by my face lol.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We're "fading", so no problem with family.

JW friends? They don't know we exist any more.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I'm in same situation as DesirousofChange. Wife and I have managed our fade so that our family still has contact with us. However, I've not spoken to any of my JW friends for almost a year now, or rather, they've not spoken to me.

• StephenMyers
    StephenMyers

Saw my family all weekend. We are all out and it's great

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Sorry to hear about that Awakenednow. I feel the same, and there is no way I would every want to go back!

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Ha so much for 'jw' friends hey?

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

I'm very happy to hear that StephenMyers! Cheers :)

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

My witness uncle, who influenced me once much to get into the tttrruuth, called me last time 1,5 year ago to meet me somewhere to hand me a surprise, I guess it might have been the latest "return to J" booklet, cause it was new back then. Once upon a time we kissed each other when we met. We didnt meet however because I was busy. Since then no contact anymore. He even hasnt seen my child who is already 17 years old, because he remains loyal. I I hadnt once visited him at home 13 years ago, I wouldnt have seen him for 13 years.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Saw my sister at my cousin's funeral last year but she didn't speak to me. When the meal afterwards was over and people were leaving I came back from the toilets and my daughter said she and her husband had been to speak to her and kiss her goodbye, while I wasn't there. Funny thing was she said they came one at a time. I wonder if the other one acted as lookout in case I came back 😏.

Saw my brother at my uncle's funeral about four years ago. Saw my other sister and nephews at my mothers's funeral fourteen years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit