How long has it been since you have seen your family?

by Christian Gutierrez 43 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So how long has it been since you have seen your jw family or friends?

Whenever there's a Funeral......2 Funerals in 10 years..

One JW Will Die..

The Rest Look Forward to Everlasting Life..
    Image result for Confused look

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Haha Outlaw that's funny lol

• Tallon
    Tallon

The last time I saw some of my distant 'in' family was a little over 15 ago.

A sad state of affairs indeed however, such is life.

Maybe some day it will change. One can only hope.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fortunately, I have no family in but it's been 37 years since I've seen any of my friends.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Hi Christian. Love to watch you and your wife on You tube. You are both so cute!

We don't see family much anymore. We have faded (4 years) but no one officially knows we are out BUT the JW rumor mill goes around so we have been "marked". We are fine with that...we like our space and are enjoying our freedom. It's their loss, we are great and fun people.

As for "friends", it is the same way. Once you have left they will make up what they want about you. We don't worry about it. As I said above, we have too much to look forward to everyday. We are no longer stuck in a cult. Yippie!!!!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Going on 9 years for my parents. I probably spoke to my dad over the phone about 3 years ago. I thought we were heading in the right direction. I think he only hangs on to being a Witness because he's spent the last 45 years of his life doing it and now he has a few precious years left.

I have a brother. I haven't seen him in 11 years, but he is no longer a practicing Witness. We talked about a year ago.

I have sister I haven't seen in 11 years. She's definitely all in on the Witness thing. She's raising her kids in the cult.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My wife and I were able to fade and our family still talks to us but it's a touch and go situation. We have to tiptoe our way around, making sure not to offend their JW sensibilities or the pretense that they have JW sensibilities. They are a loving wonderful family but out of loyalty to the organization, have pulled the plug on many former JW family members for decades. A few have gone to their graves without ever speaking again to people they still really loved and cared about.

My wife has family members in Bethel that we get together with when they visit and they seem to understand our circumstances and our beef with the organization and the doctrinal changes of late. They've indicated that there are those in Bethel with the same concerns.

We have family members in their 20's 30's 40's and 50's who've been excluded by the JW family since they were teenagers because they were baptized young but left the organization formally via DA letters rather than fading. Between these family members there are 6 children who have never met their Regular Pioneer grandparents, or their many Cousins , Aunts and Uncles. Including the JW children , there are 20 some cousins who've never met each other even though they live within a 15 minute drive from one another.

One Elder JW Uncle and his wife have 6 kids and 5 grandchildren. Two of the kids are serving where the need is great but 3 of the kids and 4 of the grandchildren are "out" . They tell people they only have 3 kids and 2 grandchildren. At one family occasion a bunch of the relatives were sitting around and a older Non JW Aunt asked the JW grandparents what the name of their new grandson. It was revealed in the conversation that they didn't know any of their non JW grandchildren's names . This older aunty proceeded to scold them in front of the whole family. It was an awkward but awesome moment.

As far as JW friends go, as soon as we stopped going to meeting, they disappeared ...our phone stopped ringing. We seen them around once in awhile and they are as nice as ever but there's an invisible but detectable wall. Most seem surprised that we haven't grown horns and our lives haven't become a train wreck. Others have seen us in a store and quickly changed aisles to avoid having to talk. It was laughable.

As far as I can see, as long as you play the game, JW's are able to rationalize their way around the shunning policy and be ok about it, but if they were asked point blank, they'd agree that anyone who leaves the organization, whether formally or by fading, should not be associated with.

• blondie
    blondie

My siblings: 17 years

My parents: 5 years: father then he died; mother 10 years then she died

The rest: 17 years

Best 17 years of my life

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Best 17 years of my life.....Blondie

LOL!!@Blondie!!..

JW family will go out of their way, to make your life a living hell..

I go to some JW family Funerals, to make sure they`re dead..

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Hello Toesup! We kinda wonder too about what our former friends say or thought of us. Its no big deal, we know they are just controlled. Cheers to you from us! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit