THIS Is How JWs Feel About The Cut In Magazines And Content

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

That is exactly how every jw locally seems to feel. Zero regret

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

JW's are masters.....and I mean MASTERS of having it both way. Cofty mentioned already the preening about regarding the massive distribution of the WT. More than even People magazine and Satans other rags no doubt!

But now all of that gets sliced, and hey its a great arrangement because now we won't be wasting our time.

So.........were you wasting your time before?

Sheesh.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Had they announced that they were going back to 4 mags a month, then they would all have given you the reasons why THAT was the best plan.

How do they respond to the lack of educational access that those brother and sisters who are crossing crocodile infested rivers will have? The don't likely have internet access or data for getting stuff off of a phone if they do have a phone.

Truly borgian.

• zeb
    zeb

so on a flip side what now happens to the part of every sunday meeting called the 'wtstudy'? Sure as hell they wont let people go home earlier?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Didn't they say reading the magazines was the equivalent of a college education, or something like that? Where will they get their superior education now?

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

To be fair.... If I were still in I would be super excited about all the choices they have made which reduce publications and make it easier to do way less physical activity for the cult. I would have been apathetic with slight delight at the wi-fi and iPad availability... as that would probably make it harder to sleep during the meetings... but easier to find something interesting to do when I couldn't sleep.

And to be fair... if I were giving an answer on a social media forum like Qora - I would probably make my answer look a whole lot more spiritual than it actually is.

So, maybe they are uber-dubs. Or maybe they are slightly more normal people who understand that there are always other JW watching.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I know everything is been done for our own good

That pretty much sums it up.

Interesting experiment.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

LOL!!!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Janice A the response I got when I questioned how those without internet and iPads was "Jehovah will look after them".

It really is a religion for westerners. No regard for how it affects the "entire brotherhood" as long as it works for them.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ Moreconfusedthanever - "westerners". Do you mean like Cowboys, and bull riders, or people that live in California, lol, just kidding.

Its so true though. You are absolutely right. Its a very American/English/Western religion. The higher ups really only think, and accommodate who, and what they think their little world is. The Governing body are a bunch of crusty old American white guys, who usually have never had a family, or children.

Yet, they make all the rules, and none of their rules accommodate anyone out of their little circle. They have blinders on, and no compassion for others from different walks of life.

Oh but God ONLY speaks thru them. You see, the ancient Hebrew God, really only likes waspy 70 yr old white male Americans from the North East of the United States, and only like 7 of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit