THIS Is How JWs Feel About The Cut In Magazines And Content

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

More proof of Jehovah's blessing!

The less light from the faithful and discreet slave the better!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One small comment in the letter said " more emphasis will be placed on starting and continueing conversations" (or words to that effect)

Well, are they going to train them properly to converse, debate, pit their wits against a h/h who wants to shut the door? If so, it sounds a lot like a return to the ' good old days ' of ministry rather than lamely handing a leaflet or wanting to view a video....But training? I doubt it .. the oldies wold come into their own .

As for the dub response? To say " It's all good" is just what you would expect. ......Like the sheep in'Animal Farm ' they can only bleat praises.

• steve2
    steve2

Were you actually expecting active JWs to put in writing how they may really feel about it? The act of writing becomes a serious filter for those living in high-control groups.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Were you actually expecting active JWs to put in writing how they may really feel about it? The act of writing becomes a serious filter for those living in high-control groups.

I knew they'd put a positive spin on it. I was hoping they'd give me an indication of how they personally are processing it positively. I remember when they reduced the pages of the public edition of Watchtower and Awake! and my uncle (an exJW) asked me about it before it was even announced. I told him it'll be a lie made up. Then the announcement came and i defended Watchtower saying "it'll be so much easier for interested ones to read!".

Yes, i was a mindless Watchtower drone.

But i think if i were in now even i'd have seen the writing on the wall here.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Maybe one of the new teachings coming out soon will be Moses when coming down the mountain with the 10 commandants it was on two tablets. So Friends that means paper bad tablets good. After all we have biblical proof. LOL. Still Totally ADD

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@pale.emperor Sheryl Taylor's comment: "...Interesting that you have a letter from the Governing Body. Because you are not active as a Jehovah’s Witness. You obviously have friends that have access."

Yes, it's so interesting that an inactive Witness can still be friends with active Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm glad those asshats, Rodney Spinks and Terrence O'Brien, were unable to fool the Royal Commission when they tried to assert that inactive Witnesses maintain their social structure and network within the organization.

• Spiral
    Spiral
    pale.emperor10 hours ago10 hours ago

I knew they'd put a positive spin on it. I was hoping they'd give me an indication of how they personally are processing it positively.

PE, the problem is they don't "process" anything. I have come to think that most JWs want a religion where they don't have to think - that's why they are JWs. The outside world is scary to them but the crazy culture of bOrgdom is comforting. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "the brothers know what is best for us". UGH Any amount of discussion is just a waste of time. *SIGH* That is what started part of my waking up, got so bored with so little "spiritual" food.

But now, this religion is a western religion for the generations who learned how to use the internet and tablets. Not only does it leave behind people in other parts of the world without access, it also leaves many senior citizens behind because they were so righteous they never learned how to use a computer. They were taught that the internet was from Satan, remember. How are they supposed to get any literature?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Let them stay and live a fantasy if they can't cope with the real world. Plenty of people are leaving, those that want to stay can't cope with the nasty, frightening world and want to snuggle down in their comfort blanket. Frankly they are no use to the real world anyway, they can't even help themselves.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

like the experiences when the carts were introduced " oh the general public just love to read our magazines when they get on the bus/train/plane/metro" etc, er no they dont.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Are they going to only have a couple of WT studies a year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit