THIS Is How JWs Feel About The Cut In Magazines And Content

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I asked the question on Quora "How do Jehovah's Witnesses feel about the announcement that the public edition of the Watchtower and Awake! magazine is being reduced to just 3 issues a year and the number of books, tracts, and online content are being discontinued?"

https://www.quora.com/How-do-Jehovahs-Witnesses-feel-about-the-announcement-that-the-public-edition-of-the-Watchtower-and-Awake-magazine-is-being-reduced-to-just-3-issues-a-year-and-the-number-of-books-tracts-and-online-content-are-being-discontinued

The replies actually took me by surprise. I'm assuming these are uber-dubs:

Sherryl Taylor, studied Law & Accounting (1985)

How do Jehovah’s Witnesses feel about the announcement that the public edition of the Watchtower and Awake is being reduced to just 3 issues a year and the number of books, tracts and online content are being discontinued?

I feel Just fine, thank you for asking.

I think however, the arrangement is great and will be more productive for all of us. Less time spent with people who take the magazines out of politeness, but never read them. We will be focused on the people who are interested and willing to progress spiritually.

I frankly like the efficiency of this new arrangement.

Interesting that you have a letter from the Governing Body. Because you are not active as a Jehovah’s Witness. You obviously have friends that have access.

Eugene Rideout, lives in Windsor, ON

Quite fascinating. We truly are living in momentous times, whether we are willing to recognize it or not.

“More emphasis will be placed on starting and continuing conversations.”

The added highlighting of “conversations” will enable JWs to concentrate on getting God’s way of thinking into the hearts and minds of those who express interest.

We long ago learned the destiny of those who. like the evolutionist Dr. Richard Lewontin, whose most remarkable thought was “We need to avoid letting a Divine foot in the door.”

Obviously Dr. Lewontin is one of those NOT willing to recognize that we do have a God who loves all humans, and simply hates those who cannot see their way clear to obeying Him.

Roosevelt Coopling, Active Member of Jehovah's Witnesses

Hello!I feel same-to-same.

As long as we keep the Bible forever, any changes on the magazines will not make a huge difference after all.

Nuff said….

Holumuyeewah Solomon Iperepolu, CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)

I know everything is been done for our own good

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sheep their just mindless sheep.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Dig hole in sand, insert head!!!!

• cofty
    cofty

Only a few years ago we were shouting from the rooftops how many millions of copies of this magazine we published in hundreds of languages every month.

Now they have scrapped the magazine - apparently that is also wonderful.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

P.E I told my parents about the cutbacks and they too thought it was a positive thing, more constructed to making it easier to be a witness and for the preaching work , my face was as tho I was just anaesthetized .

When I said all the signs of the cutbacks allude to possible financial trouble they said no ,the Internet is really the way people use content now so they are moving with the times , I said " correct ...but have u ever Googled jehovah's witnesses cos that's what people do if they are even slightly interested in something " again they knew the perils of that investigative path ,...1 gem was dad said an elder mate of his believes they are in financial trouble too and that must be over 3 yrs ago cos he's been df for that long

Amazing how for the most part they won't let their minds consider the obvious

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Its thought of positively because they have less bullcrap to read,

• jp1692
    jp1692

God who loves all humans, and simply hates those who cannot see their way clear to obeying Him.

Curious that the person that wrote this did not seem to notice they contradicted themself.

How can God hate some humans whilst simultaneously loving all humans? Stupid.

• cofty
    cofty

"Love me or else!"

The mantra of every manipulative bastard ever.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Somehow having less to read is a good thing now? It's almost as if they found having to read all the magazines and books a chore or something. Hey, how about printing no magazines at all. Then they wouldnt have to read anything. Just the bible... like it was supposed to be in the first place.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Someone needs to create a funny JW meme depicting three different scenarios that are clear and unambiguous indicators of Watchtower decline, each more dire than the previous, and in each scenario show the JW spinning the scenario as a positive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit