Another congregation bites the dust

by NikL 34 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Nope. 4 Congregations share one of those 2 KH complexes they were building all over the place 10-15 years ago.

so--really all thats happened is 3 sets of meetings each week instead of 4. same number of bums on seats each week.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I ran across a lawsuit (elders vs insurance) where insurance refused to pay up for a judgement against the elders in a sexual molestation case. I'm trying to find it now.

That brings the question to any ex elders...did you have liability insurance that covered your "counseling" or is this a general KH insurance policy?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Lol CoCo

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"The bent of the discussion from the platform was that brothers who are not reaching out to be elders and ms are showing lack of faith and are apostate leaning.."

The beatings will continue until morale improves. Gee....I wonder why so many are exiting. We left...who the heck wants to stay where they are not wanted?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sisters carrying microphones? That's pretty drastic.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Very good news.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Lastmanstanding did they actually say brothers not reaching out are apostate thinking? If they did that would mean apostates really are making them worried.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Back in the late 1980's, CO brother Sam Roberson gave a talk in our Hall about how brothers should be ashamed because they were content to be "sisters". He wore a double breasted suit which was so tight the buttons were screaming. He had a Pentecostal hair cut, all greasy and swept back. He looked and spoke more like a Holiness preacher than a JW. I guess his words showed what he thought of women. What a turd.

• NikL
    NikL

so--really all thats happened is 3 sets of meetings each week instead of 4. same number of bums on seats each week.

Okay if you want to be Debbie Downer about it I guess

The way I look at it is that there was ONCE enough publishers to support 4 congregations. Now there is not.

They are leaving and I down see it improving for WT anytime soon.

• Brian J
    Brian J

Recent CO visit @ elders meetings.

#1 complaint from our BOE: not enough brothers

CO listened, stood up, said: "Brothers i have exactly what you need. If you'll excuse me (as he left his perch, stepped off the stage, and began walking up he isle) I happen to have 3 spare elders in the trunk of my car. Give me a moment, ill go get them and appoint them to your BOE"

We all laughed as he smiled hoping we got the point and went back to his perch.

He told us we need to "suck it up buttercup". And went on to relay that he served a remote congregation that only had "1 elder who was only recently reinstated and 'she' still had a bit of a smoking problem"......haha. So in another words yeah the situation sucks but we can shit elders on demand.

Twas yet another nail in my decision to go bye bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit