Another congregation bites the dust

by NikL 34 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Went to the meeting last night with my believing wife. The CO was visiting and delivered a really cult-ish talk on loyalty but that's another story.

They made the announcement that starting January 1st they were going to have only 3 congregations in this town instead of 4.

They are dissolving one and growing the territories of the remaining 3

The reason given is that many of the elders are getting up there in age and can't do what they used to do. Basically not enough elders and ministerial servants...or even men reaching out for that matter. We've had sisters running mikes LOL

Anyway, I thought I would share the joyful news.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Same thing happening all over.

This past week, they put on the pressure. The bent of the discussion from the platform was that brothers who are not reaching out to be elders and ms are showing lack of faith and are apostate leaning...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great news, and long may it continue

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Aren't elders and MS supposed to be appointed by the holy spirit? Why isn't the holy spirit doing its job?

Anyway, I've been noticing that there is a disparity between men and women in the troof in regards to leaving. Practically everybody I know that is leaving the troof is male. I have no good explanation for this, aside from maybe the assumption that women give more value to the support system and the relationships in the troof, while men are much more about facts and no nonsense logic, and perhaps tend to leave based on those alone.

Even the Jdrones that I see in service are pretty much all women these days, with the rare brother mixed in.

• sir82
    sir82

There is currently a trickle of problems due to a lack of middle managers, er, elders & MS.

It will continue to get worse. Combining congregations is a band-aid.

Fun times ahead!

• amicabl
    amicabl
    I agree with you redvip. If more "sisters" could be encouraged to leave I reckon the men and children would follow. It's just a social club for many.
  • freddo
    freddo

Fantastic news! Remind me ... what part of the world is this?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so--if the watchtower is dissolving one congregation out of 4 in that town--will we see another property up for sale ?

• compound complex
    compound complex

While I had my own challenges taking the lead at home (as elder, regular pioneer, and service overseer I had to go through the motions), I felt sorry for the young fathers who were continually harassed by their uber spiritual wives to have a family study, be more spiritual, go out in service regularly, etc.

No wonder the exit!

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

If you look at any type of worship, it's mostly made up of females...if women were to leave worship, there would be a lot of empty pews, & chairs...

I agree when we go out in service, just a few brothers...it's mostly females...we like to gather & gossip...(lol).

Didn't Jehovah say this is Ps. 68:11:Jehovah gives the command;The women proclaiming the good news are a large army...

The congregations are going down in #'s...but the org. is shuffling so we won't notice...but folks are noticing...

As someone said, it's a social club...nothing to do with doctrine or God...just hanging together in the name of God to think they are safe and holy...Pulllll'eeeeeze...

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit