Another congregation bites the dust

by NikL 34 Replies latest jw friends

• alanv
    alanv

redvip, when they say that elders and mini servants are appointed by holy spirit, they simply mean those ones fit the qualifications given in the scriptures. If ones are not appointed, then the elders consider them lacking in one or more of those qualifications. Also although elders etc may fade or be kicked out, it doesnt change the fact that at one time they did meet the requirements. The org would point to Judas Iscariot as an example.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe more men leave the cult when they lose interest in their cult crazy wives.

• compound complex
    compound complex

'Those telling the good news are an army of large women.'

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I can't wait until they are so short of men there will be 'new light' that Sisters can now be 'Diakanos' ( Deacons) or ministerial servants since they've suddenly " discovered" that Pheobe, a sister, was a Diakanos in the NT!!

Whose taking bets when that will happen? I say the next 10 years.

• steve2
    steve2

Aren't elders and MS supposed to be appointed by the holy spirit? Why isn't the holy spirit doing its job?

The old "holy spirit's" got some explaining to do. JWs can line up with the Catholics, fundamentalists and others with their concerns.

Another male-infested hierarchy enjoins hocus-pocus to legitimate man-made decisions.

Please wait in line patiently. No queue jumping. Your turn will come - unless death overtakes you first.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    redvip, when they say that elders and mini servants are appointed by holy spirit, they simply mean those ones fit the qualifications given in the scriptures. If ones are not appointed, then the elders consider them lacking in one or more of those qualifications. Also although elders etc may fade or be kicked out, it doesnt change the fact that at one time they did meet the requirements. The org would point to Judas Iscariot as an example

Oh come on AlanA, there are guys who have been appointed or been asked to take the position who simply do not believe in God let alone the Watchtower. what's the holy spirit doing there???

I have also known guys who more than fit the bill who have not been asked, simply because they either don't believe in titles, have a beard or don't fit in the clique of unpleasant, bullying, cheating or alcoholic elders on the BOE already.

• NikL
    NikL

freddoo

Fantastic news! Remind me ... what part of the world is this?

This is California, northern California to be exact.

stan livedeath

so--if the watchtower is dissolving one congregation out of 4 in that town--will we see another property up for sale ?

Nope. 4 Congregations share one of those 2 KH complexes they were building all over the place 10-15 years ago.

• poopie
    poopie

2 cong dissolved this weak in my neck of woods.

• poopie
    poopie

60 pub 3 elders good bye as of Jan 1st

• cofty
    cofty

With the legal problems the WT are experiencing why would anybody want to be an elder anymore? It is also becoming clear that the organisation is happy to throw elders under the bus when problems become public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit