Nice Guys Vs. Jerks.

by Mecurious? 43 Replies latest social relationships

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    I kinda like to think he didn't finish last

Andee your absolutely right on that. That's exactly how I feel. My nice guy, albeit he's crawling right now. to kiss my feet and make up, for his first stupid comment on this thread.

That's what I've been trying to tell him all these years, is nice guys don't finish last. We ended up them because they take good care of us in all ways.

Sure jerks might get far in life in other ways, but lasting relationships for them, is not going to happen.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Teenyuck,

He doesn't usually open doors for me. He will for other women. That is nice.

Uhm, do I see something of a contradiction here? How can your guy be nice when he appears to take you for granted!

Dansk - who opens the door for his wife every time!

• detective
    detective

As an overweight friend of mine would say...

"and fat girls finish first?"

So what's your point?

(and yes, that's my first official use of an emoticon on this site. shudder...)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Dansk, I usually am in front of him when we are walking in...Since I am in front, I open the door. Sometimes he beats me to it and grabs the door. He knows I am pretty independent; yet he still tries when I give an opportunity.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Wasted 4 years of my life with Lord of the Jerks. Then, I met my husband and he stole me from him..*cueing the theme from Love Story* lol He is the nicest man I have ever known. He has always put me on a pedestal and spoiled me rotten. He's wonderful and "a nice guy" and he is who taught me how to love.

I think you're right about young girls going for jerks. But, if they're like me, they hopefully grow out of it and seek a REAL man.....translation-a nice guy. When I think of the loser jerk, I feel nothing but contempt for him now. He never married or had any children and has lived a lonely medicated life(remember Desperado?-that's HIM) My nice guy has made me very happy and made life extra, Xtra special.

But honestly, maturity was the key to my decision.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Teenyuck

He knows I am pretty independent; yet he still tries when I give an opportunity.

Dansk

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I haven't read all of the other replies so I hope this hasn't already been said. I think when women break up with you because you are "too nice", that translates to: "too boring". It's not that we want "bad" guys per se, we just want a little more excitement. If we told you straight out that you were boring, it'd hurt your feelings. "Too nice" is a way to end things without hurting you as much.

• teejay
    teejay

Funny, but until they figure things out stupid men are draw to female jerks, too. Trust me. I know.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Water finds its own level.

I know a woman who is seriously attracted to bad boys. Emphasis here on the "boy" aspect. She likes them young and she likes them bad. However, she is not someone I would want even one date with. She is high maintenance, hates men (gee I wonder why ) and self-centered. These are the types of girls (southern belles) I was around growing up. No wonder I was resolved to be single all my life.

Then there is Nina. She is kind and gentle and understanding. She likes what I like and is interested in what I'm interested in. I think passion is the first thing to go out of a relationship and when that intense passion burned out of ours what was left was two people who genuinely liked each other. I still get a little flutter in my chest when she calls. I enjoy being around her and she actually looks forward to being around me. Can you imagine that?

It's a shame it's such a cliche, but it's true. There really is someone for everyone. Amazingly enough, I found the love of my life. I can't imagine being with anyone else.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    If we told you straight out that you were boring, it'd hurt your feelings. "Too nice" is a way to end things without hurting you as much.

Now I'm Boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit