Rolf Furuli has broken with the GB

by careful 95 Replies latest members private

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ slimboyfat

I can only wonder about the CONUNDRUM up there. Those that are PIMO but not married should take HEED. The added connection and following marriage brings to a couple in the world of JWS is huge at times. Leaving the ORG will equally mean LOSE of the huge FOLLOWING.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Phizzy at one point in the book Furuli says that if Lösch and Splane were on his local body of elders, and they gave their infamous talks against higher education, then he would call an elders meeting and remove them because they’re “not qualified” to serve as elders. He’s not exactly pulling his punches.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    careful - "One of the major WTS defenders has broken with the Governing Body..."

Furuli's remaining beliefs notwithstanding, this doesn't surprise me...

...often the most vociferous critics were once the staunchest supporters.

I half-expect all of the rabid and vocal WT loyalists out there to have closeted heretical thoughts...

...all their loyalist anti-"apostate" jingoism is simply to compensate.

Kinda like right-wing homophobia. Vidiot

• careful
    careful

Phizzy, spot on. This will be interesting to watch. I can't see them doing anything but DFing him. He's telling the GB that they are illegitimate—what else can they do? They will apply 2 Tim 2:16-7: "Reject empty speeches that [attack God's Holy Ones, the GB] for they will lead to more and more ungodliness and their word will spread like gangrene."

SBF, an insightful thought. Most Witness wives will follow their husbands, but the org does allow for, and even encourage, married sisters to separate from their husbands if the latter go apostate, basing their interpretation on 1 Cor 7:12-3, the "agreeable to dwelling/staying" phrase.

Vidiot, yes, it's like the ex-smoker is the most outspoken against smoking.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

There are many old JWs like Furuli. They praise the system but spot some errors. They can not see any light outside the camp and therefore they must fix the broken light inside. They know they tread on dangerous ground, so they are careful, very careful

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus
    Imagine yourself in Furuli's shoes, watching videos on jw.org starring Stephen Lett.
  • careful
    careful

JoenB75:

They can not see any light outside the camp and therefore they must fix the broken light inside.

Insightful!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Shall we start a pool on how long until Furuli's judicial hearing and inevitable disfellowshipping?

I'll take 9–10 days from today, May 24th, 2020.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All the leaders of the WTS were apostate sinners/false prophets who ran a religoius publishing house. The warning flag that most people should have taken notice is when they instilled a personal vow to them during baptism.

These leaders of the WTS should have been shunned and warned about by true Christians.

That was not what the early Christians did, they made personal vow to one person Jesus Christ.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In my book the GB have no option but to DF him.He has challenged the GB as the F&DS that they claim to be.

Being Spirit directed by none other than Jehovah / Christ Jesus themselves.?

And seeing he has gone public with a book ,I `d say 14 days from today, 25th May 2020 jp 1692

And the WT wont give a fig whether or not he writes another book about them ,in their eyes it will just confirm his apostasy to the R&F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit