Is zeal beginning to vanish?

by Caupon 57 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2
    Beth Sarim, I agree. I have often said that apathy - not apostasy - will be the organization's undoing. It won't be overnight but it will be a constant dribble, with publishers and attendees moving increasingly away from the centre of activity to the outskirts.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

There may be a unanimous unwillingness to 'talk' about it but--there ain't much zeal or enthusiasm about door knocking any more. The emphasis is on building not preaching.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• berrygerry
  • sparky1
    sparky1

The last time that I went out in 'service' was in 1990. So in my case, I would say that my 'zeal is beginning to vanish'.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    "I do what I'm supposed to do just to keep them away from me."

This is exactly what is happening and I commented on it yesterday in relation to young and middle age "brothers" not interested anymore in going out for ms or elder.

• RetiredLE
    RetiredLE

A similar subject from another forum inspired this...

1. RetiredLE says:
      December 20, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Pondering how congregations have become so polarized, with just a small minority of servants and pioneers making up a core of those marching to the GB beat. They carry the banners of loyalty and superiority while ‘goose stepping’ over the average publisher or struggling ones. Something about the music? Didn’t you hate it when they changed the words or tunes around on the old songs? Did you notice how the majority of new songs/lyrics are themed to ‘loyalty’ and the ‘faithful slave’? Did you notice how the ‘core’ shouts out these new songs with no regard to any real musical beauty?

• Winston Smith says:
        December 21, 2015 at 6:40 am

@RetiredLE
        100% agree on the music. It totally lost all meaning for me. It was shortly after that switch over that my awakening began. I wonder if there was a connection.
        WS

• RetiredLE says:
          December 21, 2015 at 8:59 am

The GB will make a huge production about translating into some obscure language of a few hundred people. These people OBVIOUSLY have a ‘second’ language, a known ‘main stream’ language in order to exist.
          The GB will make some comment about how the “Truth” resonates in the heart of those who hear it in their mother tongue.

This is one recruiting tool in distracting ‘bored’ publishers into joining or forming foreign language groups, who may only have a handful of ‘natives’ attending. 99.9% of the time the ‘natives’ have, at least a plausible understanding of the main stream language. These, btw, usually have a much more cautious and practical approach to life, derived from the reality of having to ‘fact check’ whatever situation or circumstance has brought them this far.

The result, not much result. Some bored or overzealous witnesses ‘doing their time’, learning a language they will never use. Wasting their lives and any lonely ‘native sheeples’ lives that feel inclined to humor these domestic missionaries.

The round about point on music, it DID, in fact, speak to our hearts. Music is a powerful medium and tool for those inclined to use it, as such. So like you, Winston, myself and thousands of others were ‘shocked and awed’ when the GB decided to change our ‘mother tongue’ of music. Thank God, (or reason) it was the catalyst for questioning ..WHY?…

2. RetiredLE says:
      December 20, 2015 at 11:33 pm

“Before we begin the meeting….Oh, isn’t this a PART of the meeting….anyway”… I’ve taken the liberty to change around the lyrics of the Beatles, Eleanor Rigby, as new song #144,000 – “Publisher Rigby – All the Lonely Sheeple”

Ah, look at all the lonely Sheeple.

Publisher Rigby, ponders the ‘new light’ where ‘old light’ had been.
      Lives in a dream.
      Waits for the Kingdom, trudging along, all alone, door to door.
      Who is it for?

All the lonely Sheeple where do they all come from?
      All the ‘thrown about’ Sheeple where do they all belong?

Elder McKenzie, reading the words of a LETTER that no one can hear.
      No one comes near.
      Look at him working, writing the LOCAL NEEDS for those who aren’t there.
      What does he care.

‘Irregular’ Rigby, died with no ‘time’ but was buried as ‘ONE’ all the same.
      Nobody came.
      Elder McKenzie, shaking his head as he bleeds for the ‘SLAVE’.
      No one is saved.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No wonder there is Apathy!

After all, the message they proclaim is "you're all going to die except for me!"

Thats got to mess with ones zeal! 😳

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Perhaps it's the whole 101 years since Jesus started ruling thing. The Borg really shot themselves in the foot making a big thing of the 100 last year. This year the R + F must all have thought surely something is goIng to happen now! And now the year is over.......
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The old zeal has gone. I remember a time when the JWs were ging ho and up for an argument 'on the doors(tm)'.

Now, I see the apathy trollies and it all becomes clear....................

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A poster above spoke of the "Elephant in the Room", and of course many may be aware of TTATT to some degree, others are troubled by just one aspect of the huge collection of things that are wrong with the Org.

The rest, apart from the odd really brainwashed drone, must be feeling that something is wrong, that there is "something in the air", and that the "something" smells, and does not bode well.

A slowing down by the R&F from the pathetically low activity of the present will bring about the demise of the Org. sooner than many of us thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit