Who Do JWs Fear The Most? Top Five

by Fred Franztone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I think that most fear,as I once did, the realization that all the 'sacred knowledge' that they believed for decades is actually bullsh*t. That is a very frightening prospect.

just saying!

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

There is no "CARROT". Through all the 33 years I was a Watchtower Slave, the carrot was always held out,but never able to be reached. One date after another and it is still being dated. Look up ahead the carrot is right in front of you,soon, sooner, near, nearer. Do you know what that "CARROT" is? Tell me, because I reached for it for 33 years, then woke up. From 1969 until 2002. From when I was 29 years old in my prime until I turned 57 years old. I finally realized "There is no "CARROT". I am now 72 years old and have lived the last 15 years without fear concerning not having the carrot.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I still think the Number 1 fear that JW's have is of Apostates.

Look at the many times we have heard of those finding this Site, or similar,and "shaking with fear" as they entered our little world !

The GB have done a good job with this fear, and have got 8 million to swallow the utter Bullcrap that anything that is against what they say is Apostate lies.

• flipper
    flipper

Who Do JW's Fear the Most ?

1. Elders & the Governing Body

2. Their own phobias

3. The real world

4. Themselves ( they believe they're all imperfect and fleshly )

5. Mr. Flipper ( and all the rest of us EX-JW's )

Isn't it a trip ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FRED FRANZTONE:

Yes, it is a fear-based religion. You asked for 'who' and others answered. I'll tell you 'what' I think they fear.

What do I think most JWs fear most? Many are fearful of how they are viewed by others in the congregation. Their image and how "spiritual" they are perceived by elders and others and if the "in crowd" considers them worthy enough to invite over for dinner and special gatherings.

They are also fearful of Jehovah and "being saved" but don't talk openly talk about this.

I suspect they may fear their religion is wrong but they suppress this (this thought crossed my mind when I was in).

They are also fearful of people in the congregation not viewed in a positive light either because they are single, struggling or on the fringes for whatever reason. This is what I thought when I was there.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting list, FRED. . .

Never thought about it this way before seeing your list, but it is really fascinating how "apostates" are ranked higher than Satan/demons especially since Satan/demons are the original and most powerful apostates ever (according do JWs).

Following from this, it's funny how JWs are told not even to look at/read/listen to apostate words; yet apostate words spoken by Satan himself are sprinkled throughout the bible. . . . .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Satan
    The Demons in that used furniture from the yard sale
    Smurfs
    Apostates
    The elders and higher ups in Watchtower

• Ding
    Ding

Entering a church building...

Taking blood...

Expressing disagreement with anything the GB currently says...

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The fear is not of apostates, most of can reason on our own. The fear is being found out; leading to loss of family, friends, and we do worry about the pain our leaving can give to still in ones.

There is also a fear of being 'poor" because of not planning better for something that wasn't ever coming.

The realization of death, not so much in itself, but the worry about the loved ones who may need us. And there is always something I want to do.

I did get a decent retirement if not extravagant, and always maintained life insurance for the family, wife in particular.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

it's funny how JWs are told not even to look at/read/listen to apostate words; yet apostate words spoken by Satan himself are sprinkled throughout the bible

Good point boc

Your point also brings to mind how JW`s shun/fear/hate apostates yet Jehovah God, Christ Jesus with the Holy Spirit interacted with Satan for thousands of years and they never shunned him.. ?. . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit