My son is coming home to me soon. Yey!!!

by KateWild 38 Replies latest social family

• KateWild
    KateWild

My son sent me a wonderful song a month ago on this thread. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5704271907520512/my-wonderful-son

It's amazing how a bad experience can trigger action. He has had to live under a residence order with his dad since 2011, he opposed this for four years. He has always said he wants to live with me. His dad has always known.

This week things came to a head between him and his dad and he told his dad that he is moving out and coming to live with me when he is 16. Less than 18 months. His dad said "Well I am going to move in with my mum and take you to court". It's so typical of his dad to behave in this spiteful manner.

Happily in the courts in the UK if a child leaves his residence at the age of 16, the judge will not enforce the residence order as they know the child will continue to move out and stay with the non resident parent due to their level of independence at that age. They know it's detrimental to their education at 16 doing GCSEs to have the child fight a court battle.

I have told my son I am here for him no matter what and I support him in whatever he chooses to do even if he changes his mind.

He told me this during present day yesterday. We had a great time, here are some pics for you guys.

• DJS
    DJS

Great news Kate.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks DJS xx

• Listener
    Listener

You've been patiently waiting for this for a long time, congratulations.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Good for you and your son!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for your comments and support Listener and AA xx

• zeb
    zeb

Dr who, Lego and mums love.. onya Kate! and i wish him all the very best with his schooling..

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey Zeb, thanks, all his favourite things xx

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

only just saw this thread--great news Kate xx

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Great news - nothing can defeat the LOVE.

Continue loving your son - best wishes for you & your son from germany :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit