VIDEO - Memorial toast stuns Jehovahs Witnesses congregation!

by John_Carter_1912 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

People today have no problem going on-line after an event like this, blogging, instagraming, texting about the points the guy raised!

i have to agree with this comment. I remember reading about some exjw protestors who picketed an assembly in Poland. I can’t remember the actual figure but the number of first time visitors to their web site after the assembly had finished significantly rose. So people attending were certainly taking note of it. They may not of been so brave to publicly admit to it, but get them in the privacy of their own homes and it’s a free for all.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am generally not in favor of public displays of apostasy. However, I enjoyed this episode. I am sure everyone in attendance was highly entertained.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's my two-cents:

How would you react if the video showed a JW "speaking out" in churcg during the funeral of Senator John McCain?

I think you'd agree it would have been outrageous.

What is outrage for the goose is outrage for the gander.

I think I understand the personal pain that might drive a person to do this, but I doubt that it accomplishes anything other than reinforcing the notion among the JWs that they are being "persecuted" because they are "True Christians."

Don't do this.

• shadow
    shadow

Thanks for the voice of reason, Nathan

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Boy, I wish Kevin Bunker would visit my Kingdom Hall. It's the 'Shot-In-The-Arm' that a congregation needs during one of those dull Memorial talks.

BTW...if y'all thought there were a lot of empty seats for this Memorial Celebration...imagine how much emptier the Hall is on a regular meeting day. I would say this congregation and its Hall is soon headed for the chopping block!

Looking forward to your next video Kevin...just maintain a cool head and you'll do good!👍

• dozy
    dozy

I'm not a big fan of these kind of protests. I just feel they are counter productive. I'm also not sure what the guys motive was in filming the whole process & uploading it. Looking for a few minutes of fame?

A couple of decades ago , my old congregation were targeted by a couple of "born again" types who attended meetings every few weeks and would suddenly get up during the meeting & start ranting about how many minutes it was since the name "Jesus" had been mentioned or whatever. Frankly nobody listened to what they said - far less we would go home and do research into their points. We just wanted them kicked out and eventually we had to call the police who had a quiet word with them to tell them to keep away from our Kingdom Hall ( they could do that in those days ).

It was inappropriate and actually a bit disconcerting and for years later it was regularly referenced in answers and comments about "persecution" and how bad Christendom were.

The risk also is that emboldened by their activity and encouraged by the minority of ex-JWs who support this kind of "activism" and become a group of cheerleaders , the guy expands his campaign - much as a Youtuber called "witnessnomore" targeted multiple Kingdom Halls in the North of England last year.

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

To: Nathan Natas, Dozy & Shadow

You are throughly incorrect.Suppose someone yelled "FIRE" in that same Kingdom Hall. You'd probably be attacking them for disturbing the peace... as the rest of the Jehovahs sat there and burned to death.

1 Timothy 5:20 = “Reprove before all onlookers persons who practice sin, that the rest also may have fear.”

This man followed Jehovah's Witness teaching.

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

Totally disagree with the approach. It is not the way to win hearts and minds.

Also, I noticed the way one poster used the word 'vermin' to describe the gathered congregation. That is a dangerous expression; vermin need to be exterminated.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

One point I will make is that Witnesses are forbidden to read anything which may be negative about their religion.

Perhaps this is the only way they will ever get to know this information. They are wasting their lives in serve-US to a corporation.

But I agree people have a right to peaceful worship, so I'm conflicted on this.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Young woman @ 0:29 is PIMO

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit