VIDEO - Memorial toast stuns Jehovahs Witnesses congregation!

by John_Carter_1912 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

I normally condemn these kinds of things off the bat. But if you're going to do this sort of thing, this is the way to do it. Non threatening, no screaming and shouting, but making a point in a calm manner.

Whether anyone listens to it is debatable but sometimes what people say kicks in even years later. People will be told that "of course the WTS doesn't cover up abuse!" and when they discover that it does, your view of who was lying and who was telling the truth flips and you realize that ALL the things you were told by the WTS could be lies.

That's the point that you wake up and it all falls apart.

I still think "Cheers Jesus, but I bet I can turn this back into water faster than you can!" is the best memorial toast.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Shirley:

I saw those beer-bellies and I didn't see any young people either. The way you worded your post was just enjoyable.

Seriously though, if things keep going the way they are, they will probably just keep selling Kingdom Hall after Kingdom Hall, and Assembly Halls, and just do all their meetings online.

The Watchtower depends so much now on the internet, they will probably try and save money by doing everything they can online.

I very rarely see a JW open a real Bible. It's all tablets, i-phones and gadgets to make everything easier.

I have never seen such lazy so-called ministers.

Atlantis!

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

Bravo!!!!

Didn’t Jesus overturn the money changers tables!

Speak the truth brother!!!! That was so brave, I wish I had done the same.

Its so much easier to do nothing. It takes amazing courage to stand up for what is right! To face down the enemy. I get that it does in most cases not help them to wake up BUT . . . Some will be sparked to do some research into the child abuse cases and who knows it could make a difference.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It seems the age demographic has gotten a lot older at the local Kingdom Halls these days, backs in the 1960's and 70's it was quite young.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

This is Kevin Bunker but I may be wrong (sounded like him anyway).

He's very passionate about exposing the vermin.

And while I don't necessarily agree with his approach (I agree with the majority that it reinforces the persecution complex) there are some there that will "hear" him and may look into it further. It's a long shot but entirely possible.

As a side note; something weird happened to me when I attended (I accompanied spouse but not at a KH as I won't step into one again).

I just happened to need a drink of water and we were already late. Being a rented location I had to walk around the audience and through a line of "friends" who were eyeballing me like cops eyeball most perps. I felt uneasy as I noticed they scrutinized my every step as I headed to and fro the water fountain. And since none of them had seen me before I felt they were weary or had been warned to look out for people who may attempt to disrupt the "blessed" demonic "event."

Did anyone else experience something like this?

• Roddy
    Roddy

Counter productive.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I don't know how to feel. On one hand, yeah, the Governing Body does cover up child sex abuse, people do die from refusing blood transfusions, and people do commit suicide when their family shuns them. That being said, at times the guy goes overboard. He said the Governing Body has covered up child sex abuse for 'centuries,' I get that it's an emotional moment and nerve-wracking but you got to get it right, like perfectly right if you're going to do something like that. I also don't like that he mixed legitimate criticism with religious criticism, like throwing in the whole Jesus says you should drink his blood, that makes him come across like another type of Christian instead of an activist. Although it was funny watching wine run down the attendance hand as he tried to take the cup away from him.

And Tenacious, I posted a thread about that recently.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Idiots like this who indulge in illegal "religious" activism do absolutely nothing to help waken active JW's. They merely reinforce the indoctrinated view of "evil apostates."

I agree! Nothing he says will awaken anyone sitting at the meeting! It is scary as an audience member to have anyone stand up and interrupt the meeting. Who knows what mental condition this person is in who comes out of nowhere and disrupt the meeting? Just like anyone interrupting any official meeting, he should be made to leave.

Better still, hand out pamphlets, make signs or walk outside the conventions and protest the lies, flip-flops, blood policy and disfellowshipping policies of the Watchtower Society.

Please do not interrupt the meetings! I don't see anyone who is indoctrinated ever agreeing with ''evil apostates.''

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I must admit (like others here have noted) the lack of young ones and the empty seats for a memorial. Gunna go back and check the waist lines now.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just checked the waist lines. I’m going to disagree with the majority. I didn’t notice any more obese people than any where else. Just my thoughts though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit