How Many Here Are DF'd, Disassociated Or Not Worried That They Might?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm curious as to whether the majority of the board's disfellowshipped. And I'm curious as to whether or not push came to shove, that you would not be overly distressed if you did wind up getting DF'd........As time goes on, I am caring less.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hi Minimus

We (KT & Twinkletoes) have recently had our marching orders, not for anything that we had done wrong but for questioning the Society's viewpoint and handling of UN involvement, 607BCE & other failed prophecies, handling of paedophilia and the Society's U Turn on blood. It took two elders six months NOT to answer our letter, so we gave them a further two weeks to answer, failing that we requested that our names be removed from all JW records.

We made it quite clear in our last letter to the elders, that in no way, any inference regarding our christian principles, or negative remarks were to be made from the platform regarding our religious beliefs which we still hold dearly. We are now being shunned even though APPARENTLY no public announcement was made! Because of this we will be letting you all know in the next week, what our letter consisted of.

Yes, in that case we are DA'd, and glad to be out from them (after 30 years each)

KT & Twink

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I have no idea what our status is, I don't know anyone that would tell us LOL So, if they did I wouldn't care.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I am DF since Sept. 1994

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I'm already DA'd. Closure is part of freedom.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm just faded out I guess. Ocassionally I get a visit from the elders, once when I was attending a church with my wife, they asked if I had joined the church and I told them no. They just said if I did to do the DA thing. I was just checking out religion from a normal Christain religion since I had never attended a church before. It all seems to be just a communal thing and the religions sort of match whatever standing you have in the community. Some for the rich, educated, uneducated, poor, racial or whatever. It sort of gives the members someone to associate with.

I really don't care what they think of me anymore since I seldom see any of them anyway, except at McDonalds occasionally.

I've sort of give up on religion and trying to figure out God. I just try to have a sense of respect for the creation and whatever was responsible for it, although at times I get a little aggravated at him because of all the bad things that nature throws at mankind and animals.

If there are spirits, do you think thay have these problems too?

It's just too much for me to comprehend.

Ken P.

• shamus
    shamus

I am neither DF'd, or DA'd. That is the society's rules and sayings, taken to extremes. Like that's new.

I don't worry about getting either put on me. If they wish to do so, then that is their business - not mine. They no longer control me, therefore, I am free of mind control.

When they come to my door, they will get lots of questions - questions that will rock their faith.

• obiwan
    obiwan

DF'D since 1990 and yes the push was needed, however the price was a great one to have to bare.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Not DF'd or DA'd and don't care one way or the other about their labels. I simply walked away and have not been bothered in 7 years.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not DF'd or DA'd. I would fight it only because I don't like the idea of someone telling me who I can or cannot talk to. I'll never go back, but it sticks in my gut thinking that they will come over and do their business on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit