How Many Here Are DF'd, Disassociated Or Not Worried That They Might?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Happily DA'd since September 2002.

• Loris
    Loris

DA'd in July of 02. There was a lot of pressure to shut up about child abuse and the UN. Each time someone called or stopped by to see why I wasn't at the meetings anymore I would tell them the reason. If they didn't want to know then they should not ask. They each went to the elders. The PO would come by or phone to try to stop up the leak. I knew that push was quickly coming to shove especially since I was the subject of a "special needs" talk at the service meeting, I sent a letter to the headquarters, the elder body and every witness I had an address for.

That put an instant halt to curious "friends". It has been peaceful ever since.

Loris

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

been disfellowshipped since '94

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Still doing that fade away thing. Stop going to the bookstudy and TMS and SM months ago. Haven't been in Service in about 4months. Just made the choice to stop going to Sunday meetings last week.

Diamond

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

I came home from work one day and my mother told me they read my name off at the hall last night. I was 21 and that was 24 years ago.

• Princess
    Princess

We faded for almost seven years. Then last Christmas the elders came a'callin and announced our disassociation in January. We attended that meeting and the rumors are still flying. Couldn't possibly care less.

• Deleted
    Deleted

I had intended to DA myself back in 1999, but never did. We just left and that was that. I would imagine there's good grounds to DF us but since we never went to another religion I would suppose it's easier to let us go than confront us.

• blondie
    blondie

We are neither DA'd or DF'd. We are in the fading mode since January. We are now irregular and in 5 months will be inactive officially. We have decided not to play their game by DAing ourselves. So far (except for being here) we have done nothing to be DF'd for. We have no desire to publicize or debate any issues with those we know since it would be a waste of our time and would not influence them to leave (pearls before swine). They will have to come to the realization on their own.

Any authority the elders have is in their own minds since I know they are deliberate liars. Revelation 21:8 says:

Revelation 21:8 ***

8 But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars , their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death."

Blondie

• zanex
    zanex

df'd since early nineties....insanity set in shortly after that...ahh sweet sweet insanity how I do love it still...

• Gordy
    Gordy

I attended my last meeting at a Kingdom Hall, in August 1999. Did not DA or was DF'd. As I was still able to have contact with wife and children. Though when my wife (we are separated) found out I had stopped attending she stopped speaking or having contact with me. But was still able to vist children, two who were baptised JW's.

From August 1999 to September 2001 not one single elder came to to see me. Not even and invite to the memorial. Even though an Elder lived a 5 minute walk away from me, plus a Ministerial Servant lived in my road and one in the next road.

Then in September 2001 two elders called on me, I was not home at the time, though my DA'd son was. They didn't want to speak to him. They said they would call back later. Strange to get a call from them afetr 2 years of nothing I thought. Then I discovered that Elders were being encourage to call on such ones as me to get us back into the organisation. Not out of any love and concern, but pure and simply because numbers had dropped they needed to get people back in. So I wrote to the Elders telling them that in two years none of them had bothered to visit to see how I was or make any effort to do so, not even to invite me to the memorial. That the only reason they called now was because the WT organisation was telling them to do so, just to get the numbers back up. Not out of any spiritual concern for me or others. I also included my letter of Disassociation , with it.

This ina couple of months time led to all contact with my wife, no matter how little it was, ceased. Also that my two daughters (22 & 17) who were baptised JW's could not have any contact with me. So in it just over a year since I have spoken to my daughters and 3 years since I spoke to my wife.

I still see my two youngest children (son 15 & daughter 13) as they are not baptised JW's. But they have to come to me to visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit