Trump supporters want to repeal 19th amendment

by keyser soze 61 Replies latest social current

• Fencing
    Fencing
    Is choosing a 'white' country over a non-white one an example of racism?

Yeah! It can't possibly be because Canada speaks English, has a culture often indistinguishable from the US, has the same standard of living, a very low crime rate, and has a strong economy. It absolutely has to be about racism instead.

• Simon
    Simon

What is an example of racism ... the Republican candidate for president who's claimed Mexican immigrants are rapists, a judge who's of Mexican descent can't judge fairly because of it, Black people are lazy / criminal and so on. His whole campaign is basically a giant dog-whistle to the white-right to turn back the clock to the "great" times ... great in what way? When non-white's knew their place?

As the Republican leader of the house described him: a textbook example of racism.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Simon you make good points.

I was simply explaining nonjwspouse's question to VI because VI said he didn't understand it.

So, likely not a case of racism. But I thought it was a decent question that was worth asking.

@Fencing - calm down, dear. People are allowed to ask questions.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

When white American celebrities talk about moving to Canada if Trump wins, it doesn't do much for their ant-racist credentials. Racist? No. Hypocritical? Maybe.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "...There are lots of reasons we wanted to move to Canada ahead of Mexico and 'has more white people / fewer brown people' wasn't on the list. Why assume it's on the list for anyone else?"

Not to mention that, due to so many people of First Nations, Indo-Asian, African, and Latino descent living in Canada, the idea that we have "more white people / fewer brown people" just ain't so (or, as I like to put it, "a steaming pile of corn-riddled shit).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

His whole campaign is basically a giant dog-whistle to the white-right to turn back the clock to the "great" times .....Simon

Image result for Old south plantation..Image result for Old south plantation

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

due to so many people of First Nations, Indo-Asian, African, and Latino descent living in Canada, the idea that we have "more white people / fewer brown people" just ain't so - Canada is a white-majority country run mostly by white politicians using a system of government set up by ... white people.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Dude, I live in northern Alberta, and even here, it's a melting pot.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Would that be the reason you'd move out of the USA LoveUniHateExams? I'd suggest that people politically opposed to Trump would be more focused on the angry authoritarian oompa loompa's basic disregard of all social and democratic norms of behaviour, not to mention his curious desire to cause economic chaos.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't live in the USA, Mephis.

Yes, Canada is a nice, liberal, democratic, progressive country. I also stated the fact that it's white-majority, ruled by mostly white politicians using a political setup introduced by white people. It doesn't matter how I or anyone else feels about it, those are the facts.

That's all I said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit