Trump supporters want to repeal 19th amendment

by keyser soze 61 Replies latest social current

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Please, not all that consider voting for Trump are "misogynists, stupid or dumb".

Worse that that because those choose to vote for a misogynists, stupid and dumb, even though they know better.

• flipper
    flipper

This whole election scene is so surreal - I'm like WTF is happening in my country?

There is this angry and emotional backlash of people who long for the 1950s - white men at the top, commie hunts, women in their place, everybody churchy, and those doggone ethnics in their place at the bottom of the heap. They seem to really resent that their little world has been changed.

They don't give a shit that Trump is mentally unbalanced.

Hillary is not really that much shadier than at least half of politicians and the 1% who are running things anyway... At least she has some intelligence.

Still going to vote green.

Mrs. Flipper

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

VI- why is it I keep hearing a form of this:

...we might have to emigrate north; if we can make it over Canada's wall that is.

Why north instead of emigrating south?

Should this be called racism? If not, why not?

In my years I have really disliked come candidates that won, but yet I don't claim to pack my little bag and run away from home if I don't get my way. I deal with it, speak up about what happens that I consider wrong. I live in a free country that I love. To claim to plan to emigrate if your candidate loses, is to lose credibility as a emotionally mature citizen. Put on your big boy pants and learn, debate, engage in political races, run for an office if you believe you have better solutions. THAT is what American freedom is about, not running away.

• zeb
    zeb

to an outsider what is the 19th amendment, please.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

to an outsider what is the 19th amendment, please

It gave women the right to vote.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    James Mixon - "...I may go back to the KH..."

Dude, don't even joke about that.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What about Trump supporters who are women?

• jws
    jws

They also interview them on other things. Majorities of them in Alabama, something like over 70% think interracial marriage should be banned. I think in Mississippi the numbers were a little better, Something closer to half.

Or they'll poll and great numbers think Obama is a Muslim and/or not born in the US. These are the same idiots who were probably making an issue out of him going to Jeremiah Wright's congregation (a Christian congregation).

SO many low information voters. They're excited because he used to be on that there TV. People think that he's the anomaly. Nope, this IS what the republican party is. This is what they've been preaching on Fox News forever. That is what the GOP's "Southern Strategy" was all about. After years of this sort of rhetoric, are we surprised by what we're getting with Trump as the GOP's candidate? They don't love him in spite of the crazy stupid, racist, sexist things he says, they love him BECAUSE of it.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Nope, this IS what the republican party is. This is what they've been preaching on Fox News forever. That is what the GOP's "Southern Strategy" was all about. After years of this sort of rhetoric, are we surprised by what we're getting with Trump as the GOP's candidate?

I disagree. There is obviously a big problem within a minority in the Republican base that voted to nominate Trump as their candidate. However, this is not a majority of the Republican party members, nor does this fact take away from the real policy issues at hand.

Yes, there are "low information", even foolish members in the base of the right (obviously since Trump won). But the same thing can be said of the left. It would be unfair to generalize the left as "corrupt, lying, cheating hypocrites" because of the scandals surrounding Hillary. I can also start posting all the crazy nonsense some in the Democrat base have said and continue saying, but it accomplishes nothing, because I know it's not what all Democrats believe or want.

You have to remember that there are big issues involved and that there is a serious internal conflict with those that do not want the policies of the left, which they believe to be harmful to the country, yet don't support the stupid actions of a stupid man called Trump. I myself have decided I can't vote for Trump. Even if Hillary wins, it's something I have to live with, because ethically I can't bring myself to vote for this loser. Having said that, I can understand why some would be reluctant to jump to that conclusion and give their country up to the left again for another 4 years. Everyone has to come to their own conclusion, but we have to stop attacking people and belittling them for their different perspectives.

I wish we would all take a step back, right, left, center or in between, and remember that we are not all one way or another. We in the right are NOT all Trump supporting wing nuts, as can be seen by the huge and growing group of dissenters not supporting the candidate.

We are humans, all of us. We all have the same interests in just wanting to live our lives, and leave a better world for our children to take over once we are gone. I wish we'd all stop screaming at each other, generalizing and painting everyone one way or another. I wish we'd stop attacking the persons, and instead focus on common sense measures that increase our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

P.S. Maybe I should run for President lol

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Worse that that because those choose to vote for a misogynists, stupid and dumb, even though they know

Would it be fair to label those considering voting for HIllary as corrupt, cheating liars?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit